Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Papers Do Brighton v Palace

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Here come the 'Why are they rivals?' articles:

Dominic Fifield finally hints to the truth about Palace's coach driver in the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/27/brighton-crystal-palace-match-preview

Ed Malyon in the Independent manages to get not only the month and the year of their win at the Amex wrong, but also says that they were the first away team to win there. Liverpool had won in the League Cup six days earlier. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/27/brighton-crystal-palace-match-preview

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
First league defeat though, which still smarts. Then the playoff semi. Scores that need settling.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
The distance argument always baffles me. How far are Norwich and Ipswich apart? Separate counties also.

I guess the press expect them to hate a London team and us a South Coast team. How daft is Brighton vs Bournemouth being described as a South Coast derby?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wow that oddball Zaha couldn’t be more of a bellend (and a very unprofessional one) in that first article. Hate the ****.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
7717D4CE-B024-44E4-9920-D645AC5A78CB.jpeg

Wilf really hates us 11/10 apparently

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The distance argument always baffles me. How far are Norwich and Ipswich apart? Separate counties also.

It’s further as are several other derbies. But distance is irrelevant, not our fault no other league outfit was closer until they built Crawley services a few years back and that’s going to be football league for how long? Nah, these millennial journalists need to do their A level history before they come on here and tell us it’s odd. The faahkin liberty of it all!

Stumpy Tim

Am I the only one who quite likes the fact that Zaha hates us? He's Palace FFS, he should hate us. In the modern era of foreign players and the sanitisation of football, it's good to see one player gets the rivalry and is vocal about it.

Hopefully he breaks his leg tonight

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

It’s further as are several other derbies. But distance is irrelevant, not our fault no other league outfit was closer until they built Crawley services a few years back and that’s going to be football league for how long? Nah, these millennial journalists need to do their A level history before they come on here and tell us it’s odd. The faahkin liberty of it all!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Liverpool v Man U is classed as a derby (?) and is further in distance.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Am I the only one who quite likes the fact that Zaha hates us? He's Palace FFS, he should hate us. In the modern era of foreign players and the sanitisation of football, it's good to see one player gets the rivalry and is vocal about it.

This is more like it! May Lord Ha Ha (Surrey calling, Surrey callling) be carried to the County Hospital only to be refused entry and sent to Redhill instead to discover they’ve run out of leg plaster and paper mache with chicken wire is the best they can do. With Peter Duncan and Mark Curry doing the setting. That’ll learn him.

A curse on Palace and all who sail in her. Scum. pure scum. And that’s all there is to it. Do we have a spitting on the floor emoji?

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014

Quite a potted history but for me the comments section is very amusing with the best one being,
Crystal Palace are a funny club. They had to invent a rivalry with Brighton since no one in London could take them seriously enough with their stolen Barca kit and Benfica badge. They have a section for supposed ultras when in reality it is 9 obese blokes who can't afford to leave Croydon and watch a real London club.:amex:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

No. It always confuses me when people get annoyed about a rival’s player saying bad things about us. Would they rather he was nice and complimentary? It’s that weird thing that a lot of fans have about the players being completely different to us, rather than just being a group of lads who are pretty similar to the ones in the stands. Just richer.

He really is a total prick though. He has to be one of the most unlikeable players in the game. At least with ******** like Jedinak or Andy Johnson you’d like them if they were on your side. Zaha is just a ****, and while I accept he is a great player, if he played for us I think I’d still recognise the undeniable fact that he is a ****.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
They are spoilt for choice with rivals who can't stand them.
Wimbledon.
Millwall obviously
But my favourite was the competitive singing at The Valley when our friends from Charlton started "we hate Palace more than you"

So easy to despise. Scum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here