Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Geoff Boycott and The Ashes.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Probably not, but I find his moaning so tedious. I'm almost at the stage where I turn off the commentary when it's his turn to do a stint.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Probably not, but I find his moaning so tedious. I'm almost at the stage where I turn off the commentary when it's his turn to do a stint.

At least he knows what he is talking about , and has an opinion, and is not frightened to upset people like Agnew and co

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
What has that got to do with his knowledge of cricket that he passes on? Nobody is saying you should like him as a man but his cricket knowledge is unquestionable.

Because someone that has been found guilty of beating up their partner shouldn't be given a platform to speak (and be paid extremely well for it)?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Listening to him I do sometimes wonder if he has been told by the BBC that TMS needs to have a Miserable Tyke Commentator and now that Fred Trueman is no longer available would he do the Gig?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because someone that has been found guilty of beating up their partner shouldn't be given a platform to speak (and be paid extremely well for it)?

If he is the best person to present his views on cricket I fail to see what his personal life has to do with it. I m interested in his views on the cricket only not anything else and that is what he is paid for.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I was once assaulted in Worthing by someone who attacked me for no reason, I threw a surprisingly good punch that connected and he ran off.....If it had come to court and we were found guilty should that mean we both never worked again ?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
What has that got to do with his knowledge of cricket that he passes on? Nobody is saying you should like him as a man but his cricket knowledge is unquestionable.
Wonderful, he knows a lot about cricket. Let's send him to the schools to pass on his knowledge!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Met Boycott a couple of times, as boorish and arrogant in reality, as he comes across in the media. Liked him.
Worst thing was, as a professional Yorkshire man, he supports Man Utd because 'they are the best'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here