Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Moped robbers in London.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
For any journalist reporting on this, the following is a moped.

1200px-Honda_Hobbit.jpg

A moped (/ˈmoʊpɛd/ MOH-ped) is a small motorcycle, generally having a less stringent licensing requirement than motorcycles or automobiles because mopeds typically travel about the same speed as bicycles on public roads. Mopeds by definition are driven by both an engine and bicycle pedals

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I reckon that that pink chair with an axle with one wheel and a litre bottle of Castrol GTX, driven by that inflatable seal would go faster than that moped?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I reckon that that pink chair with an axle with one wheel and a litre bottle of Castrol GTX, driven by that inflatable seal would go faster than that moped?

When did we last see a video of robbers frantically pedalling into the distance.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

View attachment 91484

A moped (/ˈmoʊpɛd/ MOH-ped) is a small motorcycle, generally having a less stringent licensing requirement than motorcycles or automobiles because mopeds typically travel about the same speed as bicycles on public roads. Mopeds by definition are driven by both an engine and bicycle pedals

Interesting, I did not though that

That is one cool vehicle whatever it is called!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Crackin bike and would be worth a few quid now if you still had it.

Gone many years ago. (We are talking decades not years) I was going to by a Yamaha 16 er (FS1E?) but when I had to have the Tiger Cross.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

View attachment 91484

I have this same argument with chav on FB looking for a "moped" and most stating wanting a "125 ped"
Cut my teeth on an SS50 then a fizzy, X5, GS750, KH250, SP370 GS550, Superdream x2 RD400, GSX750. GS750 again GSX1400, Hornet, GSX1400 again and now Diavel

The term moped is now used for anything that is a scooter, the actual Ped part meaning pedals is now lost.

this web site selling scooters refers to them a "125 cruiser moped" FFS!
http://www.mopeds.co.uk/125cc-moped-cruiser.html
I have given up trying to educate the kids they are not mo-peds.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bought my Yamaha 175 trail bike from there in 1973.
£225.00 brand new :ohmy:

I think I paid similar for my Garelli moped in early 74. I wasn't old enough for a bike.

What was the name of the bike shop? Was it Gloucester or something similar?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here