Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A bit of perspective going into tomorrow night - The Palace Going Down Tracker

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
So on the same basis as the world famous bed wetting thread - (it's here if you haven't seen it. http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ing-up-tracker-(THIRTEEN-games-UPDATE)/page19 ) I have done the same calculations for Palace. If you haven't seen that thread (you should) the basis is that it is expected that we, or in this case, they will beat all last seasons bottom ten at home and draw away, and lose all the others.

Palace are currently six points below their expected level to reach 40 points. We are currently three points ahead of our expected level. A nine point gap.

It is worth noting their run in though, considerably easier than ours. If they are in touching distance by then we are in the do dos.

However both teams are expected to get points tomorrow, them a draw, us a win so someone will be worse off after tomorrow night.

Now off to wash after dipping myself into their murky world for far too long.

Attachments

• Palace Fixtures 27Nov17.png
    Palace Fixtures 27Nov17.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 729
  • Palace Graph 27Nov17.png
    Palace Graph 27Nov17.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 727
Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
According to your spreadsheet their target is a draw tomorrow.

They've got a very tough run of games between match 20 and 32.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
They seem to get up for us and we are not prolific goal scorers.
I would settle for a mundane 1 - 0, points make prizes.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It's a very odd thing. In the normal run of things I look forward to a game the second I have locked down my ticket and that sense of anticipation only grows as the match gets closer. For this game I punched the air in excitement and did some Dad dancing when I got the ticket but as the big day drew closer I my mojo ebbed away.

Now that we have reached matchday I feel sick and have convinced myself we're in for another working over from the Smeggy Sons of Selhurst. Remind me. Why did I pay good money to feel this way again?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It's a very odd thing. In the normal run of things I look forward to a game the second I have locked down my ticket and that sense of anticipation only grows as the match gets closer. For this game I punched the air in excitement and did some Dad dancing when I got the ticket but as the big day drew closer I my mojo ebbed away.

Now that we have reached matchday I feel sick and have convinced myself we're in for another working over from the Smeggy Sons of Selhurst. Remind me. Why did I pay good money to feel this way again?

Thats about it.
My least favourite game. Horrible, ugly atmosphere. You know exactly what is going to happen. No away points for them up to this point. First team to ever win a competitive game at the Amex. Getting their act together and right up for it.
I hate it with a passion. Just rather we avoided each other for years to come. All so unnecessary.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Thats about it.
My least favourite game. Horrible, ugly atmosphere. You know exactly what is going to happen. No away points for them up to this point. First team to ever win a competitive game at the Amex. Getting their act together and right up for it.
I hate it with a passion. Just rather we avoided each other for years to come. All so unnecessary.

Agreed, agreed, agreed and yet... if we win.

The torture.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here