Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many have played in the Palace derby / get it

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hodgson obviously a Palace fan so will fully get it.

Puncheon is from Croydon and Zaha as documented gets it.

Anyone else ?

Bruno has played in it. Dunk I'm not sure has ?

Don't think Stephens was involved back then either.

Any others

Murray clearly knows both sides

Hard to see Hughton seeing it as anything than 3 points up for grabs

Does it make any difference ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think most of the players realise that for the fans itis a big deal, but I get the impression that for them it's all about winning the points rather than the bragging rights.

Murray is aware of the rivalry but he has fond memories of his time at Palace and won't have a word said against them. He is however very keen for the Albion to pick up all three points tomorrow and will be as usual working his proverbials off to do so.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Hodgson obviously a Palace fan so will fully get it.

Puncheon is from Croydon and Zaha as documented gets it.

Anyone else ?

Bruno has played in it. Dunk I'm not sure has ?

Don't think Stephens was involved back then either.

Any others

Murray clearly knows both sides

Hard to see Hughton seeing it as anything than 3 points up for grabs

Does it make any difference ?

No doubt Bruno and Mata will discuss Common Goal but for the former attention will quickly switch to Tuesday’s visit of Crystal Palace. It will be the first time the bitter rivals have met since the 2013 Championship play-off semi-final, which Palace won 2-0 on aggregate and which become infamous for the “poo-gate” incident.

Bruno missed both legs because of a groin injury but as one of the few members of the squad who has faced Palace previously, he is fully aware of the importance of the fixture. “You can feel it in the streets – everyone is asking about it and reminding you it’s the biggest game of the season,” he says. “We are big rivals and it will be massive; I will remind the boys of that. And as always, on the day I will do my best for the team.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/24/brighton-bruno-catalonia-spain

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Dunk played eight minutes against Palace at Selhurst before getting sent off. He knows what it means. Let's hope he keeps calm.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Would really hope that Dunk and Solly, being local boys, will get it. Sorry to say this, but I'm pretty sure Zaha does.

Murray should be setting aside his "fond memories" of Palace and take a look at where the money in his bank account comes from. I expect him to be 100% up for it and I don't want any "muted celebration" if he scores.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
EVERYONE should be up for it. I'm certain the players who know exactly what it means will make sure the whole squad understand.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I would hope whether we were playing Palace, or West Brom, we'll be going for the 3 points with exactly the same intensity, passion, and determination.

Yeah, for the fans its big, for the players, it is the next opportunity to pick up Premier League points, nothing more, nothing less.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
not sure why anyone thinks Dunk does not get it, he is a son of Brighton and if I recall correctly sung some comments at one of the promotion drinkups.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
not sure why anyone thinks Dunk does not get it, he is a son of Brighton and if I recall correctly sung some comments at one of the promotion drinkups.

Plus he was sent off up there in the league game. He gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Would really hope that Dunk and Solly, being local boys, will get it. Sorry to say this, but I'm pretty sure Zaha does.

Murray should be setting aside his "fond memories" of Palace and take a look at where the money in his bank account comes from. I expect him to be 100% up for it and I don't want any "muted celebration" if he scores.
He can do all the muted celebrations he wants if he scores

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
This was the squad for the second leg.

29 Tomasz Kuszczak
14 Inigo Calderon 45+1' 72'
3 Gordon Greer (c)
20 Matthew Upson
28 Wayne Bridge
26 Liam Bridcutt
21 David Lopez
4 Dean Hammond
30 Will Buckley 76'
19 Leonardo Ulloa
11 Andrea Orlandi 64'
Subs
1 Peter Brezovan
6 Adam El-Abd
8 Andrew Crofts
9 Ashley Barnes 64'
18 Gary Dicker
22 Marcos Painter
25 Kazenga LuaLua 72'

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
This was the squad for the second leg.

29 Tomasz Kuszczak
14 Inigo Calderon 45+1' 72'
3 Gordon Greer (c)
20 Matthew Upson
28 Wayne Bridge
26 Liam Bridcutt
21 David Lopez
4 Dean Hammond
30 Will Buckley 76'
19 Leonardo Ulloa
11 Andrea Orlandi 64'
Subs
1 Peter Brezovan
6 Adam El-Abd
8 Andrew Crofts
9 Ashley Barnes 64'
18 Gary Dicker
22 Marcos Painter
25 Kazenga LuaLua 72'

Wow can't believe that was the team. This one is so much better. How many of that team would get into our current one? Ulloa and Bridge imo

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm sure CH gets it, as no don't his brother has spoken to him about his experience of ending Gerry Ryan's career and then being subjected to one of the most hostile Goldstone crowds ever towards one player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here