Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke Du Jour

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I saw my Nan over the weekend, she's just had a Stenna stairlift installed, so I offered her £5 if I could have a go.

I think she's gonna take me up on it.

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
And seen elsewhere this morning -

What's the difference between Everton and the Titanic?

The Titanic turned up at Southampton before going down.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Firstly I am amazed that a misspelled shipping line are now installing stair lifts, but furthermore you need to have a word. £5 is extortionate, she should offer a free go.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I saw my Nan over the weekend, she's just had a Stenna stairlift installed, so I offered her £5 if I could have a go.

I think she's gonna take me up on it.

I've no idea how much you weigh, and I assume your Nan is around seven or eight stone? Therefore, will the lift take this combined weight? I would read the operating manual very carefully before you do this as it seems there could well be a health and safety issue here.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If you flip up the seat and inspect the steel bar under the velcro material covering it , the maximum weight label clearly states a maximum of 3 people or 380 kg ! good idea if you live with lots n lots of old codgers i suppose , get them off to kip 3 at a time , pity they haven't installed these in the WSU .

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If you flip up the seat and inspect the steel bar under the velcro material covering it , the maximum weight label clearly states a maximum of 3 people or 380 kg ! good idea if you live with lots n lots of old codgers i suppose , get them off to kip 3 at a time , pity they haven't installed these in the WSU .

Wonder how much Barber would charge to use it!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

If they had a stair lift to WSU I would happily pay a pound to go up on it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Did Ayrton Stenna install it

I thought he was talking about this:

Stena_Londoner-08.jpg

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Bloke came into the pub the other day and asked for a double-entendre................so I gave him one.

Its the old ones that are the best - I heard Fenella Fielding say this one the other day and I nearly cacked my pants.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I went to buy some Norwegian furniture the other day.
But it was too expensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here