Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mullers vs Allison

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Good fun. It would have added a certain spice to Albion-Palace games if they had been in charge at the same time.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Good watch!
You can see why Mullers and Venables would also have clashed!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Bit of a mouthy individual as a younger man was Mullers. Changed somewhat since he found God. Felt a bit sorry for Allison in that clip to be honest.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bit of a mouthy individual as a younger man was Mullers. Changed somewhat since he found God. Felt a bit sorry for Allison in that clip to be honest.

I don't at all. I know I'm biased but I think Mullery was quite right to be indignant. The relationship between those two is, I reckon, a crucial part in our rivalry. Allison always had an ego the size of a planet but he was part of a golden generation of managers who revolutionised the English game. I remember reading how after daily training at West Ham, he and several other senior players would decamp to a cafe and argue tactics for hours on end.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004

Don’t feel sorry for Allison. He’d just come from sharing a bath with Fiona Richmond

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Enjoyed that a lot.

Can you imagine if they still did that now - had a player on who'd been roasted by Shearer, Neville or one of the other pundits and let them debate it out?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Like him or not but Allison had a terrific aura about him and whenever he walked into a pub you could sense his presence and very understandable why women fell for him.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I was sitting on my own in a bar in Yarm near Middlesbrough on a cold, dark winters night when in walked Malcolm Allison with a young lad who sat away from him, Allison was sitting at the bar drinking bottles of wine and water.
After a few hours as I went to the bar he started a conversation about football, he asked who I supported, the conversation did not go very much further I would have loved to have had a full on chat with him.
But, I'm afraid, he was very, very drunk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here