Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Theatre of Dreams - How was it for you?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
For those of you lucky enough to have tickets? Sure despite the result everyone had an unforgettable day and plenty of memories and photos to last a lifetime. Would love to hear everyone’s experiences.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It was a dream to see BHA playing PL football at the Theater of Dreams and it arrived at 3pm on a Saturday. Forget getting up at 5 am or getting home at 1 am, forget the half pints, forget the half/half scarfs and all the tourists (added to by 3000 southerners all with cameras) and forget we were meant to bow down and respect the mighty United and let them score six.
These big clubs know how to manage hospitality. But I felt at home at Old Trafford. Unlike West Ham, Arsenal and I expect Man City or Wembley, Man Utd have history and the ground felt like history. Made to feel welcome by everyone there.
In the same way that Brighton have history but a new ground, United still have Old Trafford and most of the old walls. I'm expecting Liverpool to be the same.
One thing that will stick in my mind. Service station (M6 toll road) 75 miles from OT when SIX coaches of United fans turn up. Do any fans live in Manchester?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Our performance will stay in my memory a lot longer than the stadium.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I will fondly remember being joined by southern Manchester United fans in the queue for the train after the game.

Just goes to show that irrespective of our football rivals there are other things that bind us together.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It was a dream to see BHA playing PL football at the Theater of Dreams and it arrived at 3pm on a Saturday. Forget getting up at 5 am or getting home at 1 am, forget the half pints, forget the half/half scarfs and all the tourists (added to by 3000 southerners all with cameras) and forget we were meant to bow down and respect the mighty United and let them score six.
These big clubs know how to manage hospitality. But I felt at home at Old Trafford. Unlike West Ham, Arsenal and I expect Man City or Wembley, Man Utd have history and the ground felt like history. Made to feel welcome by everyone there.
In the same way that Brighton have history but a new ground, United still have Old Trafford and most of the old walls. I'm expecting Liverpool to be the same.
One thing that will stick in my mind. Service station (M6 toll road) 75 miles from OT when SIX coaches of United fans turn up. Do any fans live in Manchester?

Sorry but really don't understand posts like this. What do you mean by 'These big clubs know how to manage hospitality'? Is that sarcasm?

Also, what on earth does it mean when you say Man Utd have history but the others don't? The other three have plenty of history but just happen to have a new ground, just like us!

I suspect you felt you were made to feel welcome because they expected to turn us over very easily. Wonder if Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man City fans would feel the same?

Personally I felt no more welcome at OT than I have at all the other away games this season.

Man Utd have history, as do pretty much every club in the country, just to different degrees.

At the end of the day, Man Utd epitomise the worse side of money grabbing football clubs. They were at the forefront of changing the rules regarding the allocation of home gate receipts, TV money, threatened break aways, They are one of the richest clubs in the world but refuse to pay for a women's team.

Sorry, it's down to the individual but personally I didn't go there in awe of the damn place.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Sorry but really don't understand posts like this. What do you mean by 'These big clubs know how to manage hospitality'? Is that sarcasm?

Also, what on earth does it mean when you say Man Utd have history but the others don't? The other three have plenty of history but just happen to have a new ground, just like us!

I suspect you felt you were made to feel welcome because they expected to turn us over very easily. Wonder if Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man City fans would feel the same?

Personally I felt no more welcome at OT than I have at all the other away games this season.

Man Utd have history, as do pretty much every club in the country, just to different degrees.

At the end of the day, Man Utd epitomise the worse side of money grabbing football clubs. They were at the forefront of changing the rules regarding the allocation of home gate receipts, TV money, threatened break aways, They are one of the richest clubs in the world but refuse to pay for a women's team.

Sorry, it's down to the individual but personally I didn't go there in awe of the damn place.

:clap2:

Moss rose had more charm.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Whoosh.....

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just another away game, too much security and small concourse heaving

Next up Huddersfield (for around the 6th time)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great ground for watching (glad I didn’t have to sit down though), crap home atmosphere/fans (probably worst this season so far), concourse way too small, catering rubbish, frustrating result, long journey.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
It was a long day but really pleased with our team performance. It was my first time at Old Trafford and I thought it looked smaller in real life than it does on the telly. I found the staff all very friendly and polite. It was quiet from the home fans but not as bad as Arsenal. Our concourse was ridiculously small but pitch side I had a great view. Half time I spotted Brian Robson and Lou Macari doing the rounds in the executive boxes behind us. All in all it was a good day out but gutted that we came away with nothing as we at least deserved a point.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The OP, one of the biggest wind-up merchants on here, has sure caught a few with this thread. Let's hope not too many Palace are reading.

:ffsparr:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The OP, one of the biggest wind-up merchants on here, has sure caught a few with this thread. Let's hope not too many Palace are reading.

:ffsparr:

If true, then that is snide, trolling your own fans.

Doesn't that Strike anyone else as being dissapointingly sad?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Never mind all that, how were the prawn sandwiches? :wink:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Loved it, wet and cold at times, warm and sunny others, great atmosphere and close to the pitch so could really feel a part of the club....oh hang on Theater of Dreams, I read that as theatre of trees.

Carry on.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Once through the turnstiles, the concourse felt like any other dump of a ground. West Ham had the best away concourse.

However, it’s a great stadium from a spectator point of view. Very impressive.

I’m sure that had we scored that the locals that were there would not have been so friendly.

I expected it to be a quiet home support, but boy, they were so quiet. Surely 70000 people can make some sort of noise? Weird.

Still, an historic ground to visit, but once the whistle sounds, I don’t care who we are playing or how many names they have, it’s just the Albion on the pitch that I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

100% agree personally I think they are a classless load of turd with an outdated shithole of a ground

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here