Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pubs closing for Palace game ?

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
So the Evening Star are shut all day after meetings with Sussex police , so I wondered if any more were after discussions with Sussex’s finest.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Seriously this is ridiculous and stinks of lazy policing to me. First cutting their allocation was a joke loyal fans missing out, revenue missing, now local businesses and staff likely to lose a days good trade and I expect wages. Man up police, take the overtime and stop treating all football fans like criminals. Of course there are gonna be some tw@ts from both sides there but its a Tuesday FFS it really looks to me like the police just cant be arsed to police it

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why the Evening Star?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i would suggest the Evening Star might chose to shut rather than have to deal with the hassles of staying open. it not exactly of hotbed of rowdy drinkers, but also doesnt have door staff etc like those that that are.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The whole night is going to be a total circus surrounding this game, one I'm not looking forward to in the slightest. I'll leave work early and do the P&R I think, the trains are going to be carnage.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Agreed, seems a strange one in isolation. What about the Railway Bell?

God was anyone here in there C2004 when we entertained Portsmouth? I Lived next door pretty much couldnt even get in my house due to old bill and Pompey lobbing chairs through the window

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
You wait another scuffle in the city this year between two fat bald blokes and next year they’ll want all away fans banned.
Don’t get it.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
There is a sign in the pub informing customers of the closure with the added small print saying ,”Because all Crystal Palace fans are idiots”

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
There is a sign in the pub informing customers of the closure with the added small print saying ,”Because all Crystal Palace fans are idiots”

It would easily be neutralised if we could just do a fist bump, twitter a selfie shaking hands with a smiley face by a caravan.and a respect hashtag and hug one of their ultra hoodie wearers. Sorted. (Then beat em 5-0 and kick the crap out of a few innocent people wearing half and half scarves)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
God was anyone here in there C2004 when we entertained Portsmouth? I Lived next door pretty much couldnt even get in my house due to old bill and Pompey lobbing chairs through the window

Why were the police lobbing chairs?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bad punctuation and grammar on my part sorry.It was quite chaos though

I know. I just have this vison of the boys in blue luzzing chairs. :lolol:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
You wait another scuffle in the city this year between two fat bald blokes and next year they’ll want all away fans banned.
Don’t get it.

Don't be hard on yourself. You're not quite bald.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
sussex plod......pathetic... wait until spurs , Liverpool , Chelsea , Utd , Arsenal hit town ....... do they think there are no places selling beer at the other end of the track ffs

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Battle of Trafalgar is also shut from 3pm, private party/invitation only.

This is also on police advice + last time we played them, 2 Albion
muppets tried to kick the door in after hours!

Jan 30, 2008
no chairs being thrown through any windows??? in fact the OB closed it down for a few hours because it go a bit lively with a few punters inside ???
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here