Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Deliveroo Hungry House Just Eat ect

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Had the pleasure of an evening out in one of Church Road Hove’s well known eateries, we selected a nice table for me, wife and 2 teenagers by the door!

I kid you not in the 2 hours I was there I counted 20 different drivers come in literally and collect food all in either cycle Lycra or moped gear, in and out door opening and closing all the time and then loitering in the middle of the restaurant, is this normal now, I was getting irritated by the end of the evening!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Had the pleasure of an evening out in one of Church Road Hove’s well known eateries, we selected a nice table for me, wife and 2 teenagers by the door!

I kid you not in the 2 hours I was there I counted 20 different drivers come in literally and collect food all in either cycle Lycra or moped gear, in and out door opening and closing all the time and then loitering in the middle of the restaurant, is this normal now, I was getting irritated by the end of the evening!

I must agree I would also but logically how else can people get a take away collected and delivered.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...in and out door opening and closing all the time and then loitering in the middle of the restaurant, is this normal now, I was getting irritated by the end of the evening!

hope you noted it to managment. they wont know its problem for the restaurant if no one says anything.

its quite common in busy/popular outlets i was in KFC the other day and half dozen deliver bods in less than 5 minutes. this is why deliveroo is setting up kitchens for the food outlet to cook in, dealing with the first problem and increasing capacity with lower overheads.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yes it is completely normal now unfortunately. Went to Yo Sushi with the kids and had to wait 30+ minutes for some dumplings as all the delivery orders take priority and there were tons of deliveries. Was very frustrating and ended up having a huge moan at the staff about it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The delivery cyclists are a menace - all over the pavement, and the few times they hit the road they wouldn't know the highway code if somebody shoved it up their helmets.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Yes it is completely normal now unfortunately. Went to Yo Sushi with the kids and had to wait 30+ minutes for some dumplings as all the delivery orders take priority and there were tons of deliveries. Was very frustrating and ended up having a huge moan at the staff about it.

would have gone elsewhere.....plenty of choices and nothing better than voting with your feet.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
There was at least 5 guys waiting outside as well, they all march in with their stupid cuboid backpacks and helmets still all whilst all around people are trying to enjoy the lost art of conversation over s decent meal.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Last night in Church St there was some sort of protest by these drivers, there was about 50 in convoy heading up the street sounding their horns!!!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Might start using these now as deliveries seem to take priority over diners, thought it'd be other way round.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know it isnt possible in all places but in an ideal world they could have a delivery hatch or side entrance for take aways. Pubs and hotels with restaurants used to have a serving hatch for waiters only so a similar idea could be developed.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here