Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] My one annoyance from yesterday...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Those two delightful "corridor of uncertainty" crosses put in by Knocky and Bruno in the second half that no one gambled and attacked.

Someone should have been in there for a simple tap in.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Those two delightful "corridor of uncertainty" crosses put in by Knocky and Bruno in the second half that no one gambled and attacked.

Agree particularly as the keeper could just watch the ball go across the 6 yard box with no Albion player in sight

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On a similar vein, now I think of it, MotD revealed that when Knocky got through in the first half he should have squared for near-post Murray rather than shooting from what was a pretty tight angle.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
On a similar vein, now I think of it, MotD revealed that when Knocky got through in the first half he should have squared for near-post Murray rather than shooting from what was a pretty tight angle.

I think he was crossing....just far to hard considering how close he was

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I thought the more important annoyance, was that we lost. Apart from that....

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

I didnt think it was a shot, a ball across the box but too far in front of Muzza and with too much pace on the ball.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Who?

The team is built on it's defence.
Neither D & D can be that far up field, it goes without saying D & D certainly can't be there either.

So that leaves:-
Gross who chances are played the initial space opening pass, so is behind the play.
T'other winger, who can't fully commit inside because his full back will be hideously exposed on the counter.
Leaving just old man Murray who has to make the right call while being marked out by 2 centre halfs, whom he's unlikely to catch napping.

We're edging closer to the time Tony has to say 'to hell with the over inflated market, and just dive right in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I think someone would have needed to be offside to get on the end of Bruno's cross. I might be wrong, that's just what I thought on first viewing.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012

Totally agree. Have been saying that, and yesterday unfortunately was another example, happens far too often. Without being negative with our overall Excellent performance. Need to gamble more often with balls into six yard box.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
That's the problem with playing one up front. I think for the second cross José was on the same flank as where the cross had come from as he had originally won the ball in midfield.
I suppose we can't have everything we set up not to concede means it's hard to get players in the opposition penalty area.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I agree but I also feel it’s much harder to do than it seems. Hold the line and sprint onto a hard hit ball. It always looks simpler than it is IMO. But yes, frustrating that we got round the back of them more than they did us. This is BHA in a league game at Old Trafford v Man Utd!!!! Pinch me!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Which is why we need to sign a strong pacey forward with a goal poacher’s instinct. If we can still be around mid table and playing like we are come January we could be seen as an attractive proposition for such a player. We clearly weren’t before the window closed in the summer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Knockaert should've picked out Murray in the first half when he got away down the right. It was a brainless smash across the box, when an ounce of composure should've seen him lay it on a plate for Murray, who was perfectly placed for a tap-in. Massive waste of a chance that was, and costly in the end.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
.........................plus playing in yellow, and not our proper colours! Blue and white stripes would hardly have been a colour clash, would they?

That REALLY aggravated me as well. The blue and white stripes should ALWAYS be the default when we're on the road and there's no clash, its our identity. But for some reason they always seem to go to the yellow even when there's no clash whatsoever. Who is it that decides this ??

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That REALLY aggravated me as well. The blue and white stripes should ALWAYS be the default when we're on the road and there's no clash, its our identity. But for some reason they always seem to go to the yellow even when there's no clash whatsoever. Who is it that decides this ??
Mr Bloom?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Knockaert should've picked out Murray in the first half when he got away down the right. It was a brainless smash across the box, when an ounce of composure should've seen him lay it on a plate for Murray, who was perfectly placed for a tap-in. Massive waste of a chance that was, and costly in the end.

Agreed. Smashing it across the box is very much a crowd pleaser and we seem to do it every game. Everyone goes 'ooooh' and rues our luck whereas the reality is that a simple look up and measured pass would likely result in at the very least a shot on target. I always fail to understand how a lot of professional footballers struggle with this. Man City an obvious exception at the moment, they are always aware of where the man is and are scoring at least two goals a game like this at the moment.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Which is why we need to sign a strong pacey forward with a goal poacher’s instinct. If we can still be around mid table and playing like we are come January we could be seen as an attractive proposition for such a player. We clearly weren’t before the window closed in the summer.

Exactly. Glen Murray is an excellent fox in the box and will doubtless continue to score this season, but needs a faster forward alongside who would match the wingers for speed and be there for the "flashed across" cross-ball. January will be fascinating -it could of course be that the club might decide that for this season we have enough to stay up (and it looks increasingly likely that this is the case) and wait until the summer. Considered opinion from all sides is that we were desperately unlucky yesterday -says it all about our progress.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Perhaps the team like the strip, and it could provide a psychological boost, or just that the yellow shirts need to be put on occasionally to boost sales?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here