Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings v Man Utd (a)

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
Fill your boots. I'm behind on the season spreadsheet but will catch up after the Palace game.

Here for your cut & paste needs:

Ryan
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bong
Knockaert
Gross
Stephens
Pröpper
March
Murray

Izquierdo
Hemed
Brown

SeagullsD123

Dec 29, 2016
Ryan - 8 - Fantastic double save - Could not do much about the goal
Bruno - 7 - Looked very calm on the ball, pace of the game a little too fast nearer the end and Bruno struggled to keep up
Duffy - 8 - Back to his best
Dunk - 8 - Once again very good, great passing, unlucky with the goal
Bong - 7 - Like Bruno very good on the ball
Knockaert - 9 - What a performance, best this season. Tremendous skill to show he can play his usual game in the Prem
Gross - 7 - Competent performance, though set-pieces were a little off today
Stephens - 8 - Everywhere the ball was, Stephens was. Played far better than Pogba.
Pröpper - 7 - Some great dribbles, just needs to get into be running onto the balls March, Knockaert, Izquierdo and Gross are putting in.
March - 7 - Good defensively, little quiet going forward.
Murray - 7 - Got into good positions but needs to finish chances and control discipline

Izquierdo - 7 - Look bright when on
Hemed - 6 - Not much to talk about
Brown - 6 - As above

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Ryan - 7. That double save was world class. Organised and commanded his area well.

Bruno - 6. Comfortable. Didn’t really get targeted down his side. Worked well with Knocky defensively and offensively.

Dunk - 7. Just the usual Dunk performance. Lovely Lawrenson-esq run in the second half. So unlucky for the deflected goal.

Duffy - 8. Won so many headers. Offered threat at set pieces.

Bong - 7. Looked solid. Didn’t get over ran and pulled out of position. Struggles with the five yard pass!

Knockaert - 8. Back to the old Knocky. Full of running and kept his width.

Stephens - 8. Tackled and passed all game. Looks so comfortable at this level.

Propper - 8. Covered every blade of grass by 60 min mark. Lovely first-time toe poke pass to Knocky in second half.

Groß - 8. What an engine. Always provided options and distributed the ball. Couple of lovely crosses. His Cruyf turns are simply majestic!

March - 5. I think the big occasion got to him. Went missing. Should have wellied the ball out for the corner which led to their goal.

Murray - 7. Always provided an outlet. Bullied the United centre-backs. Unlucky not to get on the end of a couple of crosses.

Subs
Izquierdo - 6. Offered much more than March. Used his pace to stretch United.
Hemed - 5. Hardly got into game. Couple of flicks.
Brown - N/A. Maybe should have come on early for Propper, as Davy looked drainer around 75 mins.

Fans: 9. Sang for the whole 90mins.
Chant of the afternoon ‘We support our local team’ aimed at all the day trippers from Sweden and Holland.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Ryan - 7. That double save was world class. Organised and commanded his area well.

Bruno - 6. Comfortable. Didn’t really get targeted down his side. Worked well with Knocky defensively and offensively.

Dunk - 7. Just the usual Dunk performance. Lovely Lawrenson-esq run in the second half. So unlucky for the deflected goal.

Bong - 7. Looked solid. Didn’t get over ran and pulled out of position. Struggles with the five yard pass!

Propper - 8. Covered every blade of grass by 60 min mark. Lovely first-time toe poke pass to Knocky in second half.

Groß - 8. What an engine. Always provided options and distributed the ball. Couple of lovely crosses. His Cruyf turns are simply majestic!

March - 5. I think the big occasion got to him. Went missing. Should have wellied the ball out for the corner which led to their goal.

Murray - 7. Always provided an outlet. Bullied the United centre-backs. Unlucky not to get on the end of a couple of crosses.

Subs
Brown - N/A. Maybe should have come on early for Propper, as Davy looked drainer around 75 mins.

Chant of the afternoon ‘We support our local team’ aimed at all the day trippers from Sweden and Holland.

Mostly agree with those ratings.

I don't think March really did anything wrong when he tried to allow the ball to go for a goal kick, but shortly before, when we were attacking, he needlessly passed the ball straight to United in their half, which allowed them to counter.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Really?

It's about as boring and predictable as "Sheepshaggers" against Cardiff/Swansea or the general homophobic crap we get*.One of those where the fans of the team you sung it against probably rolled there eyes and muttered about how original it was. Would have genuinely been more impressed if our fans hadn't sunk to the levels of such boring, predictable shit but each to their own.

*I'm not saying that it is as offensive as homophobic chant, merely pointing out how unoriginal and boring it is.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Full re-run of the game on Sky Sports Nissan Game of the Day, in currently will also be on demand!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ryan -7 - had bizarrrely little to do, thanks to a combination of a United off day and a masterclass in defending but did well with the double save, their only real chance. Bizarre that he got stick for time wasting given what we see week in week out at the Amex

Bruno - 7 - I have to admit that I was worried when I saw him on the teamsheet given United’s pace, but he kept Martial quiet and got forward well too. Exceptional cross right across the corridor of uncertainty that no one attacked in the last ten minutes

Duffy - 8 - colossal

Dunk - 8 - so unlucky for the goal. Was brilliant yet again. Nearly got on the end of a counter attack that was entirely of his creation. Would have been a wonder goal

Bong -7 - I’m beginning to wonder if this is the same Gaetan Bong who looked dodgy in the Championship. Excellent

Knockeart - 8 - a united mate of mine asked me what our Anthony ‘does’ after the stoke game. The same guy singled him out for praise today.

Gross - 8 - everywhere. What a signing

Stephens - 8 - seemed to have a lot of time and space against Matic and Pogba. Strange!

Pröpper - 7 - broke up play well. Another committed performance

March - 6 - most things came down our right rather than our left. A good, unspectacular shift

Murray - 7 - a proper nuisance. Looked entirely spent when he came off. Get in that oxygen tent Glenn

Izquierdo - 6 - lively
Hemed - 5 - very little impact. Disappointed he didn’t attack that Bruno cross
Brown - too little time on the pitch

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Really?

It's about as boring and predictable as "Sheepshaggers" against Cardiff/Swansea or the general homophobic crap we get*.One of those where the fans of the team you sung it against probably rolled there eyes and muttered about how original it was. Would have genuinely been more impressed if our fans hadn't sunk to the levels of such boring, predictable shit but each to their own.

*I'm not saying that it is as offensive as homophobic chant, merely pointing out how unoriginal and boring it is.

Comparing it to homophobic chants and implied bestiality... ok.

First of all we weren’t being directly offensive (heaven ****ing forbid) and is simply a statement of truth, with implication that it isn’t true for large part of the other 67k present, which is also undoubtedly accurate.

You must be a right laugh.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
8’s all round with March having an off day at 6. Great team performance. Everyone contributed to the effort today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ryan 7
Bruno 8 MOTM
Duffy 8
Dunk 8
Bong 8
Knockaert 7.5
Propper 7.5
Stephens 7.5
March 6
Groß 8
Murray 7.5

Izquierdo 6
Hemed 6
Brown NA

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just got back, so proud of our team and supporters.

6 - average

Ryan 7
Bruno 9
Dunk 9
Duffy 9
Bong 8
Knockaert 9
Stephens 8
Propper 8
March 6
Gross 9
Murray 9 MoM.

Brown N/A
Hemed 6
Izquierdo 6

These may appear over marked to some, but the collective effort was absolutely immense.

Pogba so ordinary, and a bit of a grizzly child. Lukaku anonymous, Rashford dangerous, but don’t recall him getting past Bong......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Really?

Utter rubbish.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Subs

Pretty much nailed it there. Completely agree that March was really the only player that looked a bit overawed by the occasion. The rest were fantastic. Despite the defeat hopefully a further confidence-boost for the squad that they belong at this level.

How can 72000 ‘fans’ make so little noise ?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Comparing it to homophobic chants and implied bestiality... ok.
I was comparing it in terms of originality to the homophobic chants we receive which I even pointed out at the bottom of my post. I should have realised there would still be some dickhead who try and make out that I was giving a direct comparison between the two chants though. Congratulations on winning the "f*ck me NSC is predictable" award for today.

First of all we weren’t being directly offensive (heaven ****ing forbid) and is simply a statement of truth, with implication that it isn’t true for large part of the other 67k present, which is also undoubtedly accurate.

I never claimed we were being offensive, just pointing out that Manchester United have probably heard the same song from almost every single set of fans for the last 20-30 years. "It was a simple statement of truth". Well... unless the person singing it was from the north of our catchment area (Haywards Heath, Horsham, Tunbridge Wells, East Grinstead as their local team would be Crawley) or if they were from extreme west of our catchment area (Bognor/Chichester as their local team would be Portsmouth)

Also, the implication of it not being true for the other 67k is by no means 'undoubtedly accurate'. Despite them having a lot of fans across the country, and indeed the globe most Manchester United season tickets are actually from, shock horror Manchester and the surrounding areas. I dislike armchair Manchester United fans as much as anyone else, but acting holier than thou to fans who have actually made the effort to get to OT? Just seems like a weird thing to label as "chant of the day." It's the kind of thing you'd expect a League One team to sing if they drew a big team in the F.A cup.

Not trying to take anything away from our fans, they were by-and-large excellent today, just thought such an unimaginative, shitty song was a weird thing to pull up as a highlight.

You must be a right laugh.

Thanks, I'd like to say the same back, but I can't.

Utter rubbish.

Thank you for your well explained counter points which really added to the conversation. They really have helped me see the situation from your point of view. Top work.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I haven't seen anything, but I think Davy P was the bestest.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ryan 7
Bruno 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 8
Bong 8
Knockaert 7
Pröpper 7
Stephens 7
March 6
Groß 8
Murray 9

Izquierdo 6
Hemed 6
Brown 6

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Really?

Maybe you’re taking it a bit too seriously. It’s a football match not University Challenge.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I was comparing it in terms of originality to the homophobic chants we receive which I even pointed out at the bottom of my post. I should have realised there would still be some dickhead who try and make out that I was giving a direct comparison between the two chants though. Congratulations on winning the "f*ck me NSC is predictable" award for today.

I never claimed we were being offensive, just pointing out that Manchester United have probably heard the same song from almost every single set of fans for the last 20-30 years. "It was a simple statement of truth". Well... unless the person singing it was from the north of our catchment area (Haywards Heath, Horsham, Tunbridge Wells, East Grinstead as their local team would be Crawley) or if they were from extreme west of our catchment area (Bognor/Chichester as their local team would be Portsmouth)

Also, the implication of it not being true for the other 67k is by no means 'undoubtedly accurate'. Despite them having a lot of fans across the country, and indeed the globe most Manchester United season tickets are actually from, shock horror Manchester and the surrounding areas. I dislike armchair Manchester United fans as much as anyone else, but acting holier than thou to fans who have actually made the effort to get to OT? Just seems like a weird thing to label as "chant of the day." It's the kind of thing you'd expect a League One team to sing if they drew a big team in the F.A cup.

Not trying to take anything away from our fans, they were by-and-large excellent today, just thought such an unimaginative, shitty song was a weird thing to pull up as a highlight.

Thanks, I'd like to say the same back, but I can't.

Thank you for your well explained counter points which really added to the conversation. They really have helped me see the situation from your point of view. Top work.

For someone to care as much as you clearly do, am guessing you are closet United? Half and half scarf already on your wall?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here