Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have we won a point we haven't deserved ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I don't think that we have picked up a lucky point this season. Whether that is luck or naivety, we will find out over the next few weeks.

But I'm quite enjoying it!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't think that we have picked up a lucky point this season. Whether that is luck or naivety, we will find out over the next few weeks.

But I'm quite enjoying it!

We were fortunate when Swansea hit the crossbar in injury time, although them drawing would have been a travesty, but we did have a bit of luck in that instance.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Newcastle fans hark on about the "illegal block" we employed in our win against them (I of course disagree), but aside from that I don't think we have

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I really think our performances are improving as the season goes on and that we are due a bit of luck.

Good combination if it comes off

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We"ll get something from one of the 'free hits' vs top 6 sooner or later.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Honestly don’t.

Think a big chunk of luck is due our way, but then I felt that through much of 2015/16 and it never seemed to come.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There is such a small difference between winning and losing in most games, I think we could just as easily be 8 or so points worse or better off.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
There is such a small difference between winning and losing in most games, I think we could just as easily be 8 or so points worse or better off.

I agree. We have not been tonked yet and only conceded 3 against both Mank teams. City deserved their points but we gave it a go UTD IMO we deserved a point at least and gave it an even better go. We could have lost to Stoke and should have won against Everton. All seems to be balancing and evening out fairly from where I am so pretty happy

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I agree. We have not been tonked yet and only conceded 3 against both Mank teams. City deserved their points but we gave it a go UTD IMO we deserved a point at least and gave it an even better go. We could have lost to Stoke and should have won against Everton. All seems to be balancing and evening out fairly from where I am so pretty happy

Agree. We were excellent today, could easily have taken a point or even more. Ryan only had one difficult save to make and we had a few very good chances.

Looked completely different to when we played City. We seem to be increasing in confidence with every game, much happier to go forward.

I need to pinch myself.........I’ve come away from Old Trafford a bit pissed off that we didn’t get a result.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Additional late goals by Swansea and Everton could easily have cost us 3 of the points we have.

Over the season it will definitely even out and probably already has...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Who's to say we cannot go to Wembley and give Spuds the same deal as we did v Manure today.
We're learning all the time!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Agree. We were excellent today, could easily have taken a point or even more. Ryan only had one difficult save to make and we had a few very good chances.

Looked completely different to when we played City. We seem to be increasing in confidence with every game, much happier to go forward.

I need to pinch myself.........I’ve come away from Old Trafford a bit pissed off that we didn’t get a result.

Is it not weird to feel like disappointed snatching deserved points against UTD at OT. Pinching myself also long may it last

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
To answer the original question. Yes there have been a couple of games that spring to mind. I thought we were luck to beat Newcaslte and Swansea. (I was at both) we possibly got away with only going in 1-0 down v saints at HT

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To answer the original question. Yes there have been a couple of games that spring to mind. I thought we were luck to beat Newcaslte and Swansea. (I was at both) we possibly got away with only going in 1-0 down v saints at HT

Not sure I agree re Swansea.....they had the one decent chance that hit the bar, but were otherwise gash.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Oh behave, Swansea were the worst home side I've seen us play ever. We weren't great but they didn't deserve a thing.

On the other hand, West Ham were all over us for half an hour leading up to half time. In the final reckoning we were well worth our win, but could have been quite different. Our central defence were magnificent, as if it needs saying

larus

Very refreshing to see such honest appraisals of the luck so far.

Yes, we can always focus on the decisions which go against, but we get other things which go our way too.

I’m pissed off by yesterday, but overall I think we’ve not been hard done by this season.

Imagine being told last season we’d be pissed off at losing at Man U 1-0 to a dodgy, deflected own-goal. I mean really - after our journey for the last 20 years to this.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Weirdly, the only win of our six which was lucky was at home to Palace -De Boer's last match. A fair reflection would have been Burnley 1 Palace 3.

It made up for the home loss to West Brom - a fair score would have been 2-1 to Burnley. We were probably a bit lucky to win 1-0 at Saints - goalless would have been fairer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here