Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lukaku - Retrospective Action

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Will there be any, for the two kicks totally off the ball?

Or will it be ignored, thus confirming that it's ok to assault players off the ball, as long as the contact isn't too severe.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Throw in a 3rd charge for deliberately conning a match official for the corner as well. Cheat.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
As I’ve said on the VAR thread. The Lukaku kicks on Bong were picked up immediately after the goal by tv replays on TSN and NBC in the USA/Canada. Would have been no goal and a booking or sending off. Not to mention the corner kick that wasn’t. I’m amazed if March said he got a touch. He protested at the time and Hughton has said he didn’t think it was a corner.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Apparently March has admitted it was a corner. However, I suspect Lukaku will be getting a letter from the FA this week and a couple of weeks off in the very near future

Apparently? What's your source? I doubt it, considering multiple replays showed he never touched the ball.

As for the Lukaku incident, according to NBC, Mark Clattenburg said it should have been a free kick and a yellow.

These kind of incidents only seemed to be looked into after the media whips up a storm anyway. As far as I can see the incidents are barely being mentioned by the media.

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Apparently? What's your source? I doubt it, considering multiple replays showed he never touched the ball.

As for the Lukaku incident, according to NBC, Martin Atkinson said it should have been a free kick and a yellow.

These kind of incidents only seemed to be looked into after the media whips up a storm anyway. As far as I can see the incidents are barely being mentioned by the media.

Dunk said that March admitted it in the post match interview.

I can't see any action being taken regarding Lukaku tbh.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
kick1.gif

kick2.gif

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Nasty, certainly nowhere near as subtle as Hemed's " stamp " which got a 3 game ban.. however, it's Man Ure so that's ok.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Chill out lads, we lost to a team that have a 100% home record and conceded one goal and we gave them a severe test. Even Jose said we deserved more, don't get bitter.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Plain as day. He's knocking the mud of his boots. Goalkeepers do it all the time..................Oh! he's not the goalkeeper is he?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Yes Solly did say he got a touch and he did, but i wonder if he realises Lukaku got a touch after?

As for the double back heel by Lukaku, the second one looks like it could have been a well aimed contraceptive! Shame Bong didn't make more of it.... Then again fair play to him for not.

I dont like this whole retrospective thing on the whole but seeing as it is here, surely these incidents are why its here?

Dangerous foul play imo 3 game ban.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here