Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Oscar Pistorius jail sentence more than doubled!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Only right, I hope he is going back to prison proper also rather than his celebrity allowing for easy house arrest.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I have to disagree with the above postings.. I saw a fair bit of his trial and , for me, there was serious doubt about his fear of armed robbers , his mentality etc . I believe the last thing he wanted to do was kill her.
The dogged pursuit of retrial and appeal by her family and prosecution smacks of vindictiveness.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have to disagree with the above postings.. I saw a fair bit of his trial and , for me, there was serious doubt about his fear of armed robbers , his mentality etc . I believe the last thing he wanted to do was kill her.
The dogged pursuit of retrial and appeal by her family and prosecution smacks of vindictiveness.

Firing 4 dum dum bullets through a locked toilet door resulting in her brutal murder would not seem to support that. I can't think of many parents who would think a six year sentence fair for the murder of one of their children. Happy Black Friday Oscar.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have to disagree with the above postings.. I saw a fair bit of his trial and , for me, there was serious doubt about his fear of armed robbers , his mentality etc . I believe the last thing he wanted to do was kill her. The dogged pursuit of retrial and appeal by her family and prosecution smacks of vindictiveness.

I watched pretty much all of it, his 'story' was mired in contradictions. His fear may have been real, but his actions made no sense. I cannot believe you watched the same trial as everyone else. I'm not going to go through all the detail, but you get up, don't check your partner is safe, don't ask her to phone the police while you investigate, don't attempt to flee the room, don't shout a warning into the room before entering. Simply beyond being believable.

Vindictiveness, my goodness, their daughter was gunned down by a maniac boyfriend! Christ almighty, I'd go to my grave pursing that man, what an idiot remark for you to make.

The thing that should be investigated now is the bank accounts of the original judge!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I watched pretty much all of it, his 'story' was mired in contradictions. His fear may have been real, but his actions made no sense. I cannot believe you watched the same trial as everyone else. I'm not going to go through all the detail, but you get up, don't check your partner is safe, don't ask her to phone the police while you investigate, don't attempt to flee the room, don't shout a warning into the room before entering. Simply beyond being believable.

Vindictiveness, my goodness, their daughter was gunned down by a maniac boyfriend! Christ almighty, I'd go to my grave pursing that man, what an idiot remark for you to make.

The thing that should be investigated now is the bank accounts of the original judge!

This in entirety.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I'd be bloody vindictive if some scumbag shot my daughter. I don't think I'd ever be happy until he was dead.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I think you're in the minority here. I'd wager that a lot of people saw the trial and his evasiveness, how he has a jealousy and temper that would make Heathcliff blush and just how implausible his story was.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Before even touching on his actions I could find the Man Guilty of a Brutal Murder.

How many people do you know where only they and their Partner live in the property even lock the bathroom door at all, let alone if they get up in the middle of the night. Very few I would have thought. The woman was obviously fleeing from him, to lock the door.

And that's before we even start to analyse his actions.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think many feel the way you do.

To me it smacks of justice. He was found guilty of deliberately murdering her.

Sentence seems about right to me. Life without parole would be crazy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here