Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] British jihadis should they be allowed to return back to the UK ?

Should British jihadis be allowed back into the Uk after fighting abroad ?

• A simple Yes

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • A simple No

Votes: 148 94.3%

• Total voters

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Man who fought IS says British jihadis should not be allowed to return home.

https://news.sky.com/story/man-who-...should-not-be-allowed-to-return-home-11140336

Macer Gifford, 30, said as long as I live I will never be able to articulate, in person or on paper, how evil the Islamic State is. The savagery and cruelty of the ISIS death cult is only truly appreciated when viewed up close.
They now face a stark choice, die a miserable death in Syria or try to return to Britain. Many are now choosing to play the system - after all, they know how difficult it is to prosecute them.
More than anything it could actually encourage jihadists. Britain would appear to be a "safe haven" for those running from their violent escapades abroad.

It is a big NO from me.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Man who fought IS says British jihadis should not be allowed to return home.

https://news.sky.com/story/man-who-...should-not-be-allowed-to-return-home-11140336

Macer Gifford, 30, said as long as I live I will never be able to articulate, in person or on paper, how evil the Islamic State is. The savagery and cruelty of the ISIS death cult is only truly appreciated when viewed up close.
They now face a stark choice, die a miserable death in Syria or try to return to Britain. Many are now choosing to play the system - after all, they know how difficult it is to prosecute them.
More than anything it could actually encourage jihadists. Britain would appear to be a "safe haven" for those running from their violent escapades abroad.

It is a big NO from me.

no, but they will

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
NO. They chose to fight for an organisation that wanted to destroy religious freedom, tolerance, and democracy. That organisation is dying, they should die with it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If they cant get back here I'm sure Sweden would roll out the red carpet for them.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I don't want my taxes wasted on having to constantly monitor the scum or paying to keep them in prison.

Big fat NO from me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I expect they'll go bleating off to the European courts (thankfully we'll soon be beyond their jurisdiction) which will no doubt rule they have a right to family life. Fine. We can send their families to join them.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
A yes from me,as long as it's for burial.

Yoda

English & European
Should have been made public so we can see which lunatic voted yes.

If they are a British Citizen, but not originally born here then hell no.

I've not voted yet but, IF they were (because they were born here) I would hope it only be under constant 24 hour surveillance, including tapped phone lines and constant monitoring of their browsing data.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
If they are a British Citizen, but not originally born here then hell no.

I've not voted yet but, IF they were (because they were born here) I would hope it only be under constant 24 hour surveillance, including tapped phone lines and constant monitoring of their browsing data.

not good enough!

'In reality, many are as fanatical as when they left. If we throw in years of military training and indoctrination, it's clear that these people present an extreme threat to the UK.'

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Isn't this a question of common sense?

It's worth considering how British nationals who tried to blow up other British nationals in the name of religion were dealt with 400 years ago - hung by the neck until semi-conscious, then lowered, their genitals sliced off and thrown into a fire, their torso chopped open and their entrails spewed over the decking, their heart ripped out whilst still beating and then their head cleaved from their body and shown to the crowd before being set on a spike.

On that basis simply revoking the British passport might be seen by the returning ISIS infidel as something of a result.

Jan 30, 2008
if they are a british citizen, but not originally born here then hell no.

I've not voted yet but, if they were (because they were born here) i would hope it only be under constant 24 hour surveillance, including tapped phone lines and constant monitoring of their browsing data.
what a waste of someone's time and money :facepalm::dunce:
regards
DR

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
hung by the neck until semi-conscious, then lowered, their genitals sliced off and thrown into a fire, their torso chopped open and their entrails spewed over the decking, their heart ripped out whilst still beating and then their head cleaved from their body .

Yeah, that’s the bit I like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If these feckers decide to go and fight abroad for a the sole purpose of defeating the infidel.
Why should they be allowed to return to the UK, it makes a mockery of what the British Forces are doing out there.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here