Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Why don't women do HD

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
I'm intrigued.

As well as the missus I have two daughters. They will just slap a programme on and when I walk in I ask why they aren't watching in HD when to me it looks like a sack of shit. They just shrug and carry on.

The mother in law is the same, new 48 inch super duper TV and just watches everything in SD. I pop around my mums and its the same...not watching HD and moans that if affects the volume if she changes to HD. Pop around my sisters and the same.

Yet any bloke I know with full control of the zapper is watching in HD / 4K whatever.....

Obscure thread I know.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I'm intrigued.

As well as the missus I have two daughters. They will just slap a programme on and when I walk in I ask why they aren't watching in HD when to me it looks like a sack of shit. They just shrug and carry on.

The mother in law is the same, new 48 inch super duper TV and just watches everything in SD. I pop around my mums and its the same...not watching HD and moans that if affects the volume if she changes to HD. Pop around my sisters and the same.

Yet any bloke I know with full control of the zapper is watching in HD / 4K whatever.....

Obscure thread I know.
And I thought it was just my missus...does my head in :wrong::wozza:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Obscure thread maybe [MENTION=10251]afcb[/MENTION] but you are spot on. My missus is EXACTLY the same, as is my daughter. HD just doesn't register with them at all, they're not in the least bit bovvered. Yet me and my lad, if its not HD, then we soon find out where it is. WHY watch it in blurry-vision standard def, when you can see it just as easily in pin-sharp definition elsewhere ?

The only time non-HD is acceptable is when I find a moody stream, because sometimes you just have to take what you can get. OK, I'm not fussed about watching the news in HD either. But movies and sport ? Come on.

Its not 1975 is it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm intrigued.

Obscure thread I know.

Not obscure at all. Exactly the same here, does my fecking head in. It’s so OBVIOUS. FFS.

When we first had the HD boxes installed the Sky bloke said to me (quietly) that ‘wimmin just don’t get it......you’ll find the missus watching SD all the time’.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
My 82yo neighbour has just bought a 4k Sony tv, she has it connected to a SKY SD box :nono:

It gets worse, Currys told her to buy a HDMI lead costing £54 because she would need a good one for 4K.

At least the tv installers were decent guys. They told her to take the lead back and get a refund as her current lead would be just fine.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I never watch anything in HD, can't be bothered learning the few HD channels we have :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I remember when I first got a HD Sky box, with my super-duper new HDTV. First thing I watched was an evening match between Aston Villa and somebody-or-other, and it was SNOWING. I watched it utterly AGOG, and just kept saying to her "look at the snowflakes...look at the grass...look at the faces in the crowd!!", as she just sat there and rolled her eyes. It was an Ashes year as well. I just had a perma-hard-on, and it wasn't even Babestation.

Does anyone else think that they actually broadcast SD in SLIGHTLY worse definition these days, just to make HD look so much better...or has SD just always been shit ?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I never watch anything in HD, can't be bothered learning the few HD channels we have :lolol:

A perspective for you :)

latest.gif
Normal view of Homer Simpson.
images.jpg
In HD

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is a totally weird thread, I clicked on because I didn't know what HD was and thought it may be some obscure sexual practice that I'd never heard of, instead it's a group of nerds discussing television sets.

In the 70s and 80s, I knew a lot of hi-fi geeks,who turned earnestly about woofers and tweeters, this is like dropping in one of their conversations. :lolol:

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Not all channels have an HD version.

So why get used to watching in HD, when you can't get for all channels in HD? Or do men not notice the difference when they have no choice but to watch in SD?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not an issue here, but then my wife probably only watches in HD as she knows the channel numbers that I use which are the HD ones.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I remember when I first got a HD Sky box, with my super-duper new HDTV. First thing I watched was an evening match between Aston Villa and somebody-or-other, and it was SNOWING. I watched it utterly AGOG, and just kept saying to her "look at the snowflakes...look at the grass...look at the faces in the crowd!!", as she just sat there and rolled her eyes. It was an Ashes year as well. I just had a perma-hard-on, and it wasn't even Babestation.

Does anyone else think that they actually broadcast SD in SLIGHTLY worse definition these days, just to make HD look so much better...or has SD just always been shit ?

Cricket......absolute epitome of HD heaven (even trumps Babestation). Watch a few old highlights in SD (cricket not babestation) as a comparison.

I don’t think they broadcast SD any worse, but our tellies are typically much bigger.......

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here