Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football related arrests

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42095049

Thought this may be of some interest, from the BBC website.

For 2016/17 season, the Albion had a total of 15 arrests, up from 14 the previous season. Of those, only 1 was at the Amex, the rest at away games, leaving us mid table 14th in the league of shame. Burton were bottom, with 1 arrest all season, up from, ah, zero the previous season.
Of our arrests, 4 were for violent disorder, 5 were for public disorder, 1 for a breach of a previous banning order, 4 were for pitch incursions(clearly nobody noticed the Wigan game) and 1 was for alcohol offences:drunk::drunk::rolleyes:

Pretty good for a team with a 28000 home average and 1600 plus away.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

For 2016/17 season, the Albion had a total of 15 arrests, up from 14 the previous season. Of those, only 1 was at the Amex, the rest at away games, leaving us mid table 14th in the league of shame. Burton were bottom, with 1 arrest all season, up from, ah, zero the previous season.
Of our arrests, 4 were for violent disorder, 5 were for public disorder, 1 for a breach of a previous banning order, 4 were for pitch incursions(clearly nobody noticed the Wigan game) and 1 was for alcohol offences:drunk::drunk::rolleyes:

One of those bans was for celebrating a goal by shaking the goal netting. Utterly ridiculous. And I wonder if those figures also include the Brighton fans who were banned on the basis of video evidence alone of a ruck at the World Cup with Russian hoolies that was presented without context and unfairly hastily?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There were a few drunken goons at Forest that season - an arrest or two there wouldn't have surprised me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Too early to report. Barber’s team are still processing all the clips from the post-Wigan appalling misbehaviour. We’ll be top of the table once the 25,234 banning orders are issued.

So glad I decided to stay in the stand [emoji16][emoji16]

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
One of those bans was for celebrating a goal by shaking the goal netting. Utterly ridiculous. And I wonder if those figures also include the Brighton fans who were banned on the basis of video evidence alone of a ruck at the World Cup with Russian hoolies that was presented without context and unfairly hastily?

Yes, completely agree re the Lincoln game, although wasn't there a suggestion he may have already been subject to a banning order? I can't quite remember and I probably shouldn't speculate.
The Marseille fracas may be included, but in the raw data (there is a link on the BBC link) it included arrests by British transport police which are included in the total arrests, but do not specify which club, so they may fall into that category.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yes, completely agree re the Lincoln game, although wasn't there a suggestion he may have already been subject to a banning order? I can't quite remember and I probably shouldn't speculate.

I chatted with the fan in question a few games before that incident on a train home and he'd had a previous ban but it was all done and dusted, if I remember rightly.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton

Banning those fighting Russian scumbags turning up with gum shields and UFC gloves is utterly ridiculous!
Typical of how over the top the Police react to certain incidents and I’d love to know what happened to all the Russians when they got home....other than being praised by a Russian government official that is???

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Hopefully we're not going to bring back the 80 page thread on that incident are we? If there is something to bring about strong different opinions on here, its any banning order

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Banning those fighting Russian scumbags turning up with gum shields and UFC gloves is utterly ridiculous!
Typical of how over the top the Police react to certain incidents and I’d love to know what happened to all the Russians when they got home....other than being praised by a Russian government official that is???

Quite. As I said, I think context was needed in understanding why the fans fought back after several days of unprovoked, extremely co-ordinated attacks where the English fans were outnumbered and given very little protection.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Too early to report. Barber’s team are still processing all the clips from the post-Wigan appalling misbehaviour. We’ll be top of the table once the 25,234 banning orders are issued.

So glad I decided to stay in the stand [emoji16][emoji16]

Those of us on the season ticket waiting list are rubbing our hands with anticipation.....

Oh, did you say the Wigan Athletic match ?

Shit...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Dispite the low figures and practically zero disorder at the Amex you could ask the question why the OB decided they can't handle a full house against the Nigel's.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here