Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley 16th dec - train disruption from eastbourne & seaford

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Looks like a travel mare coming from the East - Happy Christmas Network Rail

https://www.southernrailway.com/tra...rney/planned-engineering-work?date=2017-12-16

Yes, this is a real pain. we were going on the train to Lewes and stopping off for a meal, and lots of beers, but now will take the car. The games before Xmas traditionally attract smaller crowds, and Burnley (with all respect) are not the biggest crowd-pullers but I hope all those affected will not give the match a miss. That would be a real shame.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Haven't clicked link but every time this has been worried about before then it has turned out to be a full service.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Planned engineering works, planned disruption more like FFS.
One of the busiest weekends for Christmas shopping, party's and the Albion playing at home on a Saturday

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Planned engineering works, planned disruption more like FFS.
One of the busiest weekends for Christmas shopping, party's and the Albion playing at home on a Saturday

To be fair -when do they do it? Weekdays would draw the criticism that thousands would be disrupted and so on. These things are planned months in advance, and, whilst I certainly share your frustration, as I have posted, to cancel "just because of a football match" would presumably open up the floodgates to similar requests for exceptional treatment. This has actually been mentioned before - I recall a poster saying that the works between Brighton and Redhill were not postponed to accommodate the fans, so, sadly, there is little chance of it happening on the 16th.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
To be fair -when do they do it? Weekdays would draw the criticism that thousands would be disrupted and so on. These things are planned months in advance, and, whilst I certainly share your frustration, as I have posted, to cancel "just because of a football match" would presumably open up the floodgates to similar requests for exceptional treatment. This has actually been mentioned before - I recall a poster saying that the works between Brighton and Redhill were not postponed to accommodate the fans, so, sadly, there is little chance of it happening on the 16th.

The voice of reason, Do it on a weekday and many thousands more would be affected. Southern are guilty of many things, but on this occasion they have littke choice.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

In answer to your question at the beginning of the post, not just before Christmas on a Saturday.
As I have mentioned many people will be Christmas shopping and this weekend is one of the busiest for Christmas party's.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Us in the east have been lucky this season so far with regards to engineering works. See if it does actually happen, but drive to Lewes or take the hit on the bus - we've all done it before.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here