Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno - are there no limits to this bloke's class?

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
It's great, but it reinforces just how greedy the majority of footballers are when they earn a ridiculous amount of money, yet only a few have signed up

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It's great to see a player of his stature doing this sort of thing.
I was just about to post this, then I saw your thread, hope you don't mind :)
I found this Valencia forum from 2009, when Bruno moved from Almería to Valencia, it's quite an interesting read :thumbsup:

[Bruno I'm prettier than hero Saltor

some concerns about his age (and looks and baldness) in 2009!

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I am sure many of us would give to charity if we were as overpaid as footballers.

Rich people giving to charity is not a better thing, than the poor giving up time and money to help others.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am sure many of us would give to charity if we were as overpaid as footballers.

Rich people giving to charity is not a better thing, than the poor giving up time and money to help others.

It’s as much to do with your morals, ethIcs and values as it is to do with the amount of money you earn. Not many footballers have signed up to this yet but they may give to other charities.
People who give up their time are just as honourable but might be more time rich.

Paddington Gal

May 7, 2013
Fantastic gesture. Notice the lack of high end earners from the big 6. 100k+ and no class (Mata excepted). Would like to see the big 6 at least try to persuade their players to get involved. Would possibly earn a lot of respect from fans of so called lesser clubs.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Interesting to see the divided view from the Valencia fans who either thought he was a risk or just loved him, just like being on NSC. Old at 29????

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I was wondering when Bruno was going to get aboard this particular bus. Great bloke! But as has already been said, what about some of the other top earners?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Never mind the 'top' earners, would you really miss 1%, that is one per cent unless you were seriously disadvantaged financially ?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Lovely gesture. Zaha has been donating 10% of his salary to charity for years as well. Hopefully more PL players will follow the example being set.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's great, but it reinforces just how greedy the majority of footballers are when they earn a ridiculous amount of money, yet only a few have signed up

Lovely gesture. Zaha has been donating 10% of his salary to charity for years as well. Hopefully more PL players will follow the example being set.

Many footballers donate to charity in their own way, you just don't hear about them all. Beckham donated all (100%) of his salary to charity when he played for PSG.
England footballers donate their national wages to charities.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Never mind the 'top' earners, would you really miss 1%, that is one per cent unless you were seriously disadvantaged financially ?

Exactly, I would like this to spread beyond just football, most of us would barely notice 1% off our wages each month, I’d happily sign up.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Many footballers donate to charity in their own way, you just don't hear about them all. Beckham donated all (100%) of his salary to charity when he played for PSG.
England footballers donate their national wages to charities.

Indeed.

That's why I get a bit annoyed when I here that England players don't care for their shirt. They do- very much. They're happily playing for the honour and not money. Like anyone would.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Exactly, I would like this to spread beyond just football, most of us would barely notice 1% off our wages each month, I’d happily sign up.

GAYE Give as you earn. Money goes to the Charities Aid Foundation, ask HR if your work does it.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

This bollocks really annoys me. How much would it affect you to give 1% of your earnings to charity? Do you do it? I doubt it, because most people don’t. I certainly don’t. I will never understand how people can see something like this as anything other than a good thing.

It’s like when Beckham donated his PSG wages to charity and loads of people said “It means nothing, it makes no difference to him”. Right, so should he just not bother then? Because nobody else was.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here