Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poyet on Poogate

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Poyet believes human faeces Palace found was ‘a lucky poo’

Gus Poyet has opened up about the human faeces left in Crystal Palace’s dressing room before a 2013 Championship play-off semi-final.

Brighton were forced to apologise after Palace complained about faeces being smeared over the walls of their Amex Stadium dressing room before a play-off semi-final second-leg tie in May 2013.

Brighton made an official complaint to Sussex police but, over four years later, the culprit has not been found.

When Poyet was informed of the situation by opposition manager Ian Holloway, he reportedly sent a club email demanding the person responsible be found and sacked.

“Incredible,” he told the Daily Mail when asked about the incident.

“Somebody wrote a year ago it might have been the bus driver. I don’t know.

“It was a very important game and you are dealing with something so stupid. It’s going to be there forever with me.

“If I knew, I would get the person because that incident has affected my career.

“It was a lucky poo. It was in their dressing room and they won!”

http://www.football365.com/news/poyet-believes-human-faeces-palace-found-was-a-lucky-poo

-----------------------------------

Yup that was it Gus, you've never recovered from that moment.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Is that how Poyet is basing his managerial career on.
Every new club he's gone to, he's defacated in his team changing room, to win.
The blokes talking sh!te!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Think the bigger problem was telling our players he wasn't going to be the manager the following season regardless of how we did in the play-offs...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Of course he starts banging on about us to get press coverage now that we're doing well and he is looking for yet another job. Saw some video he did with some betting company on Twitter at the weekend saying how Albion was 'the best job he had' and all this. Shame your ego was too big to see how good you had it at the time, eh Gus?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It certainly fired them up. That Palace coach driver needs to get hired by companies instead of motivational speakers.

Just give him a bhuna, a conference room and let him inspire the employees with his lucky bum presents

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Poor reporting. Faeces were not smeared on the walls, but all over the toilet pan and floor, which is consistent with someone having a bad stomach accident.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Why would he doubt it was the bus driver? Is he trying to resurrect the theory it was committed by one of ours?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Why would he doubt it was the bus driver? Is he trying to resurrect the theory it was committed by one of ours?

Who would have told him? I doubt he keeps in touch with the club now, and as I already stated it was revealed on a Palace video and Nsc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here