Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Budget-Corbyn-homeless-drugs-Chairman Mao-John Mcdonnell, strange linkages

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
A long post (sorry) but stay with me...

OK, a lacklustre budget, Hammond's main hurrah seemed to be moving levers to make it [slightly] easier for first time buyers to buy...

...so Corbyn, in his reply takes this like a red rag to a bull on behalf of the homeless, who only got about £25m help in the budget - [and that all in the midlands/north...]

(Now I've got a great deal of sympathy of people who through unfortunate circumstances find themselves homeless, e.g. ex-servicemen, victims of domestic breakdown etc etc.)

But, as any Brightonian knows, the biggest problem for the majority of the homeless is hopeless addiction to drink and drugs - quite often precluding them from many state/charity sponsored housing, or a first step on the ladder.

So when Corbyn says the government should be spending more to house the homeless, I would think it a better plan for him to suggest spending money on weaning these poor lost souls off heroin and crack, and I wonder why does he or no other UK politician dare to raise this as an alternative solution?

Because there is a highly successful tactical approach to the problem in living memory...

...a ruler who on coming to power saw a massive opiate problem in his country and made a simple proclamation to the millions of addicts: - he said "OK you addicts, this is how it will be: either you come off drugs...or we will shoot you..."

And you know what? The problem was all gone within a year!

Harsh? Well it was of course dear Chairman Mao (who along the way murdered a few million others, mainly innocents...)

BTW the same Chairman Mao whose little red book John Mcdonnell is famously prone to distribute in the chamber of our House of Commons...

Maybe John and Jeremy should have a chat about the ideologies of dealing with homelessness...

Funny old world innit?!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting post. Not sure what the chap above is on. Crack I would imagine.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Homelessness is often the end result of depression/mental health issues/poor education and abuse. As Mrs May so eloquently put it, " Those left behind who feel that the economy isn't working for the many but the few "...... the tough part is actually doing something about it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here