Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ashes Stream

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The Ashes kicks off at midnight tonight [coverage starts @ 11pm] and is ONLY being "broadcast" live on BT Sports 1 with 90 minutes of highlights in the morning 9-10:30

I've had variable success with different streams but BT are doing a deal just now.

For a Sky-only [not using BT for broadband] they are doing the BT Sports pack in HD for free for 3 months and then £5 per month [well, it'll be £6.50 as the price goes up in Jan-18] - it's normally £30.99 - there's no contract, just 30 days notice.

So, if it's just the Ashes you want, give 30 days notice after 2 months and all it will have cost you is the £20 activation - Sky HD bound to be better than any stream quality wise?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sorry, TMS for me. That's how we did it in the old days, sat on the kitchen step at midnight drinking a Holsten Pils or two then shuffling off to bed at 1.30 am and waking for brekkie and catching the last 45 minutes play.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Where is that deal available? It seems too cheap to be true.

BT.com - see URL below

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/get-bt-sport-on-sky/

Scroll down past the "Already have BT Broadband?" option to "Get BT Sport on Sky only"

I've now had all the conformation emails from BT - £20 connection fee paid and now nothing until Feb-18 when it will be £6.50 per month - unless I cancel.
BT Sports HD now available on my Sky-Q - started working about 15 mins after payment made.

Its true ....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
BT.com - see URL below

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/get-bt-sport-on-sky/

Scroll down past the "Already have BT Broadband?" option to "Get BT Sport on Sky only"

I've now had all the conformation emails from BT - £20 connection fee paid and now nothing until Feb-18 when it will be £6.50 per month - unless I cancel.
BT Sports HD now available on my Sky-Q - started working about 15 mins after payment made.

Its true ....

It says: "Get BT Sport in HD Free for 3 months Then £30.99/mth from month 4 £20 activation"

The £6/month thing seems to apply to a second box: "PLUS add BT Sport on a second Sky box FREE for 3 months then £6 a month"

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Very misleading. The headline grabbing "3 months FREE HD then £5 month relates to BT Sport being free for three months then you only pay an EXTRA £5 above the £25.99 for HD. The £6 month is for a second box. And it doesn't state a contract length but I think it's 12 months.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Very misleading. The headline grabbing "3 months FREE HD then £5 month relates to BT Sport being free for three months then you only pay an EXTRA £5 above the £25.99 for HD. The £6 month is for a second box. And it doesn't state a contract length but I think it's 12 months.

Now you've got me reading it 3 times - defo no mention of a contract, just 30 days notice to cancel.

Here's the extract from the contract BT sent me that I think clarifies:
Your BT Sport HD Pack special offer
You'll get the BT Sport HD Pack free for three months, then it's £5 (changing to £6.50 from 7 January 2018) a month after that.

And here's the BT sales page:
Sky deal.JPG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You'll get the BT Sport HD Pack free for three months, then it's £5 (changing to £6.50 from 7 January 2018) a month after that.
You get it free for 3 months, then it's £25.99 for SD, or £30.99 for HD. So you're getting HD for £5/month (on top of the £25.99)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You get it free for 3 months, then it's £25.99 for SD, or £30.99 for HD. So you're getting HD for £5/month (on top of the £25.99)
This. I was looking at this at 11.30pm last night and decided against it as being too expensive. Glad I did as two things happened subsequently... 1. I remembered I'm rubbish at staying up to watch sport on telly and 2. In the morning I discovered I can get a very decent stream for free on my laptop...

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I spoke to BT last night about getting BT on Sky.

There are two options - One is a rolling contract. £35 activation free which includes your first month. £25.99 thereafter.

The other option is cheaper, I can't remember exactly how much. I think £25 set up and £20 a month but that's a 12 month contract.

If you're just after BT for the Ashes, you could get away with paying £60. Not cheap but depends how you feel about watching their free highlights package on a laptop I guess.

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
As an EE mobile phone user last night I took up their offer of 3 months free usage of the BT Sports App (ee.co.uk/why-ee/bt-sport), and then Miracast it through to my TV. Worked a treat.

After 3 months, £5 per month, cancel at any time.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
As an EE mobile phone user last night I took up their offer of 3 months free usage of the BT Sports App (ee.co.uk/why-ee/bt-sport), and then Miracast it through to my TV. Worked a treat.

After 3 months, £5 per month, cancel at any time.
I have broadband with BT (Infinity 2) called BT to add sport to my Sky Tuesday night. I mentioned the Black Friday offers for new customers and ended up getting BTsport in HD for £10 less than I was paying.
Added bonus is being able to login to app and watch on phone or laptop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here