Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Definitive list of Albion books

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Saw something similar crop up a few days ago and I did something similar a while back but I have just had a bit of a tidy up so thought I would post a pic and see what I am missing. Although there are a few biographies, I don't really want to include all former players and managers - just really pertinent ones and Albion specific books. There are a few doubles - mostly because one is signed. I know I am missing one of the Alec Whitcher trilogy - always goes for silly money. But what else am I missing? I am a bit OCD when it comes to collecting so I don't want too many gaps. Might also be useful for any other collectors to have a definitive list.
View attachment 91362

Attachments

• books.jpg
    books.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:

Nov 22, 2017
BN1
Brighton and Hove Albion - A portrait in old picture postcards ---- David Ticehurst
The Great Premium Bond Swizzle (aka And Smith Must Score) ---Peter Hayden
And I'll be Kit Napier ---- Anthology compiled by Attila
Brighton and Hove Albion FC - An A-Z ----- Dean Hayes
Any Other Business (Parts 1-3) ----- Roy Chuter
Goldstone Ghosts ----- Attila

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I really recommend Ooh, aah, Stantona, a fabulous book, and well worth adding to your collection.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Brighton and Hove Albion - A portrait in old picture postcards ---- David Ticehurst
The Great Premium Bond Swizzle (aka And Smith Must Score) ---Peter Hayden
And I'll be Kit Napier ---- Anthology compiled by Attila
Brighton and Hove Albion FC - An A-Z ----- Dean Hayes
Any Other Business (Parts 1-3) ----- Roy Chuter
Goldstone Ghosts ----- Attila

Sorry, I didn't notice you'd put it in there (the Great premium bond swizzle) and yes that was the original name!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions. A-Z is there and I'm sure I have And Smith Must Score and the postcard one - need to have a squirrel around the loft.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
If you're going to collect all the possible player and manager books as well, there's plenty more. I'll start with the aggressively titled "Bairdy's Gonna Get Ya!"

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Charlie Oatway's bio

isn't there a little book of daily Albion facts?

If you're going to collect all the possible player and manager books as well, there's plenty more. I'll start with the aggressively titled "Bairdy's Gonna Get Ya!"

Charlie is in there as are On This Day and Miscellany and no, I'm not looking for all the biographies.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Saw something similar crop up a few days ago and I did something similar a while back but I have just had a bit of a tidy up so thought I would post a pic and see what I am missing. Although there are a few biographies, I don't really want to include all former players and managers - just really pertinent ones and Albion specific books. There are a few doubles - mostly because one is signed. I know I am missing one of the Alec Whitcher trilogy - always goes for silly money. But what else am I missing? I am a bit OCD when it comes to collecting so I don't want too many gaps. Might also be useful for any other collectors to have a definitive list.
View attachment 91362

image.jpg

Here is my Albion book shelf, I know I'm missing the ones released this year, hopefully Father Christmas will bring them :p

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
View attachment 91377

Here is my Albion book shelf, I know I'm missing the ones released this year, hopefully Father Christmas will bring them :p

Did you get a copy of the Argus match reports compilation "Flying High" in the summer? I asked family in Eastbourne to keep a look out at bookstores/newsagents but they drew a blank. I tried contacting the e-mail address on the advert that appeared in the Argus (below) but it bounced back. I'm still hoping to acquire a copy.

FlyingHigh.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No, can't say I hunted high and low, but the other match report books from previous seasons seemed to be on sale in many places.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Wasn't there a kids' book called something like "A Day In The Life of a Footballer" featuring Peter O'Sullivan?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here