Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Mugabe and Hoogstraten

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Where does the resignation of Mugabe leave his old mate, Nicholas Hoogstraten. I would imagine his Zimbabwean interests must be under threat from any new regime wanting to disassociate itself with any of Mugabe’s crooked cohorts.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Where does the resignation of Mugabe leave his old mate, Nicholas Hoogstraten. I would imagine his Zimbabwean interests must be under threat from any new regime wanting to disassociate itself with any of Mugabe’s crooked cohorts.

Are we actually anticipating a significant political change amid all this? Can't claim to be an expert on the situation but I was under the impression the guy now in charge was previously high up in the Mugabe regime anyway. The upheaval appears to be motivated mainly by a desire to ensure Grace Mugabe didn't get the top job once her husband retired (or more likely popped his clogs).

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Are we actually anticipating a significant political change amid all this? Can't claim to be an expert on the situation but I was under the impression the guy now in charge was previously high up in the Mugabe regime anyway. The upheaval appears to be motivated mainly by a desire to ensure Grace Mugabe didn't get the top job once her husband retired (or more likely popped his clogs).

Sadly I agree with this analysis, the idea that Zimbabwe will suddenly become an African version of Sweden is rather fanciful.

A great shame, my late In-Laws who had a big association with Africa (Mrs Jakarta was born there) did their 25th Wedding Anniversary Holiday to the place just after Uncle Bob had taken over but before he had starting ruining it..

They told me it was the most beautiful and well run country in Africa.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Typical - local boy done good (or he was local before he found the van? ) and people are having a pop ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
...and that was the last we ever heard of twowheelsbest. :shrug:

I was fearing for his life before I had even started reading his actual post :facepalm:

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Wonder if his palace will have workman starting on it again .... maybe he'll be coming home in a box so he can be burried in his palace. I 'll keep an on it

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sadly I agree with this analysis, the idea that Zimbabwe will suddenly become an African version of Sweden is rather fanciful.

A great shame, my late In-Laws who had a big association with Africa (Mrs Jakarta was born there) did their 25th Wedding Anniversary Holiday to the place just after Uncle Bob had taken over but before he had starting ruining it..

They told me it was the most beautiful and well run country in Africa.

Quite so. Bring back Ian Smith, if anyone can remember him.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
Wonder if his palace will have workman starting on it again .... maybe he'll be coming home in a box so he can be burried in his palace. I 'll keep an on it

Maybe he'll bring a few guests to stay, Mind you i think Bob is a little friendlier than NVH

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Apparently hoogyboy kidnapped my grandads accountant back in the day

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here