Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The STATS don't lie...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you like your stats (this is for the WHOLE of the PL): https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/goals?se=79

Most blocks – Dunk, 21
Most clearances – Duffy,106
Most headed clearances – Duffy,78
Most aerial battles won – Duffy, 56

OK we’re probably under a bit more pressure than many of the top half sides, but this proves just how good D&D are at the back for us (ably supported by Bruno / Bong / Suttner of course). The 0 goal difference is testament to that.

Also, Maty Ryan is 2nd in the total number of goal kicks taken in the League (118) but is nowhere of any note in terms of the number of saves, punches, high claims, or goals conceded (obvs). Which suggests he is being extremely well protected in front of him, with lots of attacks just fizzling out to nothing, resulting in all those goal kicks to relieve the pressure. He also has 4 clean sheets, which is more than respectable.

All in all, making us quite a tough nut to crack so far. We're going to get our arses handed to us on a plate at some point of course, maybe on Saturday. But I think the overall trend is massively encouraging. Build your team from the back - as long as you have a solid foundation there, everything else tends to fall into place.

Likey.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I like the big chances missed leaderboard.

In 1st place - Benteke with 6, lets hope he can maintain his leading position throughout the season

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

In 1st place - Benteke with 6, lets hope he can maintain his leading position throughout the season

Impressive! Particularly when you consider that he's been out of action for half of the games this season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

It pleases me no end that they have massively overspent on him. Back in the days when the NigeIs were on here regularly to sneer, they used to LOVE telling us how good he was. That glorious chance he scuffed wide on Saturday was pure gold - Craig Makail-Smith-esque.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.jpeg
image.png
Stats don't lie did the Argus reporter go to the game.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Interesting FACT: "The STATS don't lie" was the original title of the song "The drugs don't work" by popular northern beat combo "The Verve".
This is entirely untrue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here