Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mark Hughes

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Thought “the ref did well” and “Murray splayed his legs and it wasn’t a penalty”.

Seriously what is the point in interviewing or reporting what managers say if they come out with crap like this?

Or alternatively let’s have managers show a little bit of humility and admit they were lucky or the officials made a mistake...

Neither will happen sadly......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Great to select this graceless manager for a "respect" match! Not a surprise that his team lacked respect too, it comes from the top.

D

Deleted member 2719

Mark Hughes was a joey Barton of his day when playing and nothing has changed since he has been a manager.:wanker:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Mark Hughes was a joey Barton of his day when playing and nothing has changed since he has been a manager.:wanker:

Got it in nice and early, before kick off so no after timing, because I knew what he would say if he lost or got a draw.
Hughes is a classless, embarrassing and nasty manager, he suits Stoke City perfectly.
A wind up merchant just like he was when playing but he can no longer take out his frustrations on the pitch so he does it from the dug out and post match interview.
I don't accept the 2-2 last night because of the 'penalty' and I detest him so much that I wanted to see his interview as a loser and under pressure of the sack.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Just can't wait until they miss out to a dodgy decision and wait for his post match comments then.
He's got away with one down here and didn't expect him to have the class to admit it (unlike Shaw cross tbf)
That said I wish him all the luck in the world on Saturday

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Two things you can guarantee from every Mark Hughes post match interview:

His team controlled the game & and any contentious decision involving his team the ref got correct, regardless of how blatant it is to everybody else.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
He always comes across as a very bitter graceless **** to be honest. Never liked him as a player, don’t like him as a manager. Every interview where he hasn’t won a game produces more of his pathetic excuses and moaning.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
What makes him look more of a bellend with those comments is that Shawcross pretty much admitted it was a pen and the ref got it wrong.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Him and his team are just a modern day Warnock team. Niggly time wasting, professional fouls and in the ref’s ear with him screaming like a nutter from the touchline and unable to praise the opposition display. Classless ****.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Hughes made me like Ryan Shawcross. That says it all! (Actually i thought Shawcross was good in a pantomine villain sort of way - and honest in the post match interview)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A deluded, graceless bell-end who is under pressure because his team are struggling.

A "happy shopper" Arsene Wenger, if you will.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

His team controlled the game & and any contentious decision involving his team the ref got correct, regardless of how blatant it is to everybody else.

I was fairly ambivalent about Hughes previously, realising that he is a competent manager.

But last night brought it home to me whay people wiser than me already knew. He is alone in not thinking it was a penalty, but it was his less than gracious comments along the lines of "Brighton didn't create much..." which got me.

In terms of managers last night, it was totally classless against very classy.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Same as Wenger claiming it was a foul for the free kick before the goal when they played Spurs on Saturday. No class, no grace.

At least Shawcross (AND the official SCFC Twitter feed) had the decency to admit it should have been a pen.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thankfully we have the one on the right

IMG_0064.jpg

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Did anyone notice Brown talking at the end of game to his Stoke mate both covering their mouths probably asking how much money are you on.:whistle:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

He always comes across as a very bitter graceless **** to be honest. Never liked him as a player, don’t like him as a manager. Every interview where he hasn’t won a game produces more of his pathetic excuses and moaning.

I wonder who he learned those traits from?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Mark Hughes has always been a Billy Big Bollox, Do You Know Who I Am? twunt! As many, many Wrexham residents will confirm.

He defines Odious Tw@t perfectly.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Shawcross has gone up in my estimation. I enjoyed his tussle with Murray last night (I suspect they did too).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here