Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Home form

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's how the Premier League minnows survive isn't it?

When we face Palace we'll be over two months from our last home win, having failed to beat the poor teams of Everton, Southampton and Stoke.

We need to smash the clowns from up the road.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It's how the Premier League minnows survive isn't it?

When we face Palace we'll be over two months from our last home win, having failed to beat the poor teams of Everton, Southampton and Stoke.

We need to smash the clowns from up the road.
Decent conversation starter. Lots of ifs, buts and maybes to consider but, yes, it is simplest to look at points won, and we haven't done very well in the last 3 home games. Assuming we lose at OT then the Palace game would be massive even without it being Palace.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Stumpy Tim

I was looking at this on the bus home. We've played the four teams immediately above the relegation zone at home, and won 1. That's not a great return. It puts pressure on us to pick up away points, and at the moment we've beaten two of the worst teams away. Like everyone I'm very happy with our points tally, but I do think we're in a slightly false position.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am very disappointed with the last three home games. Even one of those, Everton, had it been won would have been a massive difference potentially. I will take more notice of the table come Christmas.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
We do have some hard games coming up, where points will be hard to come by.
But having played 12, won 4, drawn 4 lost 4 .... that is better than many of us dared hope for.
It is not yet Christmas, it is Easter time when you worry.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I am very disappointed with the last three home games. Even one of those, Everton, had it been won would have been a massive difference potentially. I will take more notice of the table come Christmas.

Everton we threw away two points, but with Saints & Stoke, we gained a point after being behind.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Everton we threw away two points, but with Saints & Stoke, we gained a point after being behind.

Yes, to qualify my statement, I mean the points haul given the poor nature of the opposition. We have great resilience and have shown it to come from behind, particularly last night after being twice behind with the ref and lino seemingly against us. I wasn't disappointed with our performances though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

But Stoke were very ordinary and whilst I understand your argument in terms of a point gained, we defended poorly and for me it was two points dropped.

I honestly believe if we had taken the lead at any point, we would have won by two goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Stay calm, we are picking up points albeit 1 a game at home currently.

However if you look at the overall picture and our ambition of staying in the division, we are on 16 points, needing a further 24 points to reach the 40 points that usually sees you safe. To get those 24 points we have another 26 games to play.

6 wins 6 draws or any combination and we reach the first target. Each draw whether home or away is a step along the road to the finishing line

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
In the mini league of 14, the teams where our season gets decided, we are:

P10 W4 D4 L2

I'm disappointed that we couldn't convert Everton and Stoke into wins, but generally in the games where we need to do well, it's going ok. We played an established Prem side last night and they parked the bus at 28 minutes. We worry sides.

Hard run coming up, but the core games we have to get points from are Palarse, Hudds and Burnley. Points in the others would just be a bonus.

We will slip back by Christmas, it's inevitable. But the seriousness of that should be judged on those three results.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't see it as a worry, as long as we're picking up points it's fine.

If you're trying to win the league or get promotion then draws aren't good enough.

If you're just trying to avoid relegation then draws are fine.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
OK three points overall from the last three games is disappointing BUT we won the two before that. Looking at the picture overall we are doing ok and doing well away. None of Southampton, Everton or Stoke will be relegated this season.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
OK three points overall from the last three games is disappointing BUT we won the two before that. Looking at the picture overall we are doing ok and doing well away. None of Southampton, Everton or Stoke will be relegated this season.

The last 2 draws are particularly strong results because we came from behind in both games. Not easy in the Premier League. Everton was 2 points dropped, but Southampton and Stoke last night were 2 points gained.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I was looking at this on the bus home. We've played the four teams immediately above the relegation zone at home, and won 1. That's not a great return. It puts pressure on us to pick up away points, and at the moment we've beaten two of the worst teams away. Like everyone I'm very happy with our points tally, but I do think we're in a slightly false position.

I agree, we’re drawing home games we should be winning if we want to survive and as stated our away wins have been against poor sides. The true picture will emerge over the next 6 weeks.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Only result I have been REALLY disappointed was Bournemouth. That was a game we should have and could have had at least a point. The other games are hard points gained. Many a team at the bottom would, could lose games at home v Saints, Everton and Stoke although I concede Stoke looked there for the taking but attacked with threat so it could have been worse than a point.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't see last nights match as a point won, we have been better than that in most games this season, and I think if we had been at those levels, the game was ours.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We are definitely in a false position unfortunately. We have played only 3 of the 8 teams above us, and managed 1 point (away to Watford), and now we've got 6 of our next 8 fixtures against current top 8 teams. That means we do indeed need to smash the NigeIs up the road. We probably also need to beat Huddersfield away and find a point or two from some of the other games (maybe Watford and Burnley at home?).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here