Brown N/A

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Ryan 7 Pulled off a vital save when we were 2-1 down
Bruno 6 Seen better
Dunk 5 Really poor today. Maybe thinking about Arsenal
Duffy 6 quiet game. Not commanding enough in the air.
Bong 7 Having a good season
Knockaert 6 He concens me. Just doesn't seem himself
Stephens 7 Mixed bag display.
Pröpper 8.5 MOTM Quailty run to set up our goal. Lovely passing and knows how to turn while leaving opponents for dead
José 6 Terrible shooting and crossing. Wasted good opportunities after getting into good areas. Despite his goal i'm not impressed
Groß 7 Industrious
Murray 7 Poor first half. Improved 2nd half. shame he spent a lot of time on the wing.

March 5 Had little impact
Schelotto 5 Terrible terrible cross
Brown 5 Same as March

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Ryan 6
Bruno 6.5
Dunk 6
Duffy 6
Bong 7
Knockaert 6.5
Stephens 6.5
Pröpper 8 MOTM
José 7
Groß 7
Murray 7

March 6.5
Schelotto 6
Brown N/A

Brown N/A why ? He came on at the same time as Schelotto and you scored him ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Ryan 7 A couple of good saves and catching was sound
Bruno 6 Below his usual standards
Dunk 5 See below
Duffy 5 The usually sound centre back pairing were poor and need to but this game behind them and return to usual high standards or Saturday could be a long day
Bong 7 Good defensively and got forward well
Knockaert 6 Still to fully recapture the form of last season
Stephens 7 See below
Pröpper 7 A mixture of good and bad, some poor passing but some quality moments
José 6 Faded as game went on but does like to cut inside and shoot
Groß 7 As usual ran all day, scored and played for the team
Murray 7 Obviously frustrated by the non decision on the penalty, hence the booking, but did well against a strong physical Stoke defence

March 6
Schelotto 6
Brown 6

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ryan 6 - some good some not so great - much like most of the team today
Bruno 6 - one of the maestro's lesser performances
Dunk 6 - A little at fault for the first goal maybe. Not as imperious as he has been of late
Duffy 5.5 - Felt he should have dealt with the ball for the second goal -
Bong 6 - Fairly average today
Knockaert 6 - a couple of slight moments
Stephens 6.5 - A great first half with a couple of howlers in the second pegging him back
Pröpper 7 - Thought he had the better all round game of the two centre mids. And the drive forward to set up the first - more of that!
José 6.5 - He seemed keen to not take the shot himself - laid the ball off, to players who weren't expecting it, several times. Odd.
Groß 6.5 - FAirly average again - gets an extr ).5 for the goal
Murray 7 MOTM - I'm biased, but thought he was superb today - a couple of cute crosses, which would have been buried if he was on the end of them.
March 6.5 - The boy has been hard done by to not be in the starting 11 - hope that changes soon
Schelotto 6 - Nice to see him play. looks quite nippy.
Brown 5.5 - not much impact which is not surprising due to his limited time .

Hughton - Salt earned . Over all a better performance than many of our post- international break displays

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Ryan 7 (huge save to stop them getting a third)
Bruno 6
Dunk 6 (better in second half but started poor)
Duffy 6 (not as commanding as usual)
Bong 6
Knockaert 5 (surprisingly poor considering he played well against Swansea)
Stephens 7
Pröpper 8 (class act, forging a great partnership with Stephens)
José 7
Groß 6 (scored but didn't create a whole lot otherwise)
Murray 7

March 6
Schelotto 6
Brown 6

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Ryan 7 - Good save from Shawcross early on. Not much else to do but pick it out his net, no chance with either goal. (Amended, forgot his second save).
Bruno 6 - Partial fault for second goal, some passes too short, some too long. Not his day.
Dunk 6 - At fault for first goal, few passes out of touch. Off game. Still tried bringing it forward a number of times which I love to see.
Duffy 6 - Partial fault for second goal. Love his heading, but sometimes when he's under no pressure he could direct them more or even chest it down to retain possession rather than see what distance he can put on it back into the opposition half from a GK.
Bong 7 - Another great game, very solid defensively.
Knockaert 6 - Chasing down like a madman at times and other times losing discipline. Put Bruno under massive pressure. Decent distribution from corners at least but fairly ordinary in possession, not easy with 2 on him though.
Stephens 9(MotM) - Best half of football in an albion shirt. Lost count the amout of times he set Jose away and won us back possession. Second half still decent, think it was his ball to Murray to set up 2nd for Izquierdo.
Pröpper 8 - Fantastic run that made up for a couple of unforced errors in critical positions. Better teams would have punished them. He's a class act though.
José 7 - Should have buried an early chance and made more of some others. Good finish after attempting to square it and looked dangerous while running but needs to be more crisp with his passing. He seemed incapable of passing along the turf in the first half. Not sure why he was so disappointed to score.
Groß 7 - Won back possession quite a few times, brilliant delivery, good first time finish and some nice touches. My only gripe is his attempted 4th cruyff turn in a row on the left in the second half:rolleyes:
Murray 7 - Had a good game. Won a penalty, some really nice touches (after people slating his first touch) and lovely ball to assist 2nd goal.

March 6 - How that was a foul on the byline I will never know, looked dangerous.
Schelotto 5 - Severely lacking minutes and it shows.
Brown 6 - Not his usual indifferent self, looked motivated to press and won us possession couple times.

Last edited:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Funny how people see games differently.

I thought Stephens was clear MOTM and Jose had a very good game, first half especially he looked a threat every time he got the ball. (They wised up to hima bit after HT and didn't let him have space to run into.)

I thought Propper gave the ball away too often and apart from his run when set up the Pascal goal, was pretty poor.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Ryan 7
Bruno 5
Dunk 6
Duffy 6
Bong 7
Knockaert 6.5
Stephens 7.5 MOTM
Pröpper 7
José . 7.5
Groß 7
Murray 7

March 6
Schelotto 6
Brown 6

Why March isn't in this team is baffling.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Funny how people see games differently.

I thought Stephens was clear MOTM and Jose had a very good game, first half especially he looked a threat every time he got the ball. (They wised up to hima bit after HT and didn't let him have space to run into.)

I thought Propper gave the ball away too often and apart from his run when set up the Pascal goal, was pretty poor.
����
Agreed, before his goal Propper was poor imo but improved dramatically after that.. Stephens was brilliant in the first half and deserved his MOM award with an unusually creative performance for him. Showing more attacking intent meant we weren’t as solid at the back. We stood off them too much for my liking but showed some good attacking intent. Ryan kept us in the game with his save at 2_1

Last edited:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Really struggling to see how anyone can rate Propper above Stephens last night.

The Dutchman showed some sublime touches at times but gave the ball away twice in dangerous positions. Stephens on the other hand was near faultless and the best player on the pitch.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Really struggling to see how anyone can rate Propper above Stephens last night.

The Dutchman showed some sublime touches at times but gave the ball away twice in dangerous positions. Stephens on the other hand was near faultless and the best player on the pitch.

Totally agree. Bar a couple of mis-cued long range passes, Stephens was excellent IMO. Propper spent the game flitting from the sublime to the ridiculous. Some brilliant touches and turns, plus that run for the Gross goal, but also gave away possession on several occasions with some awful short passes

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ryan 6
Bruno 6
Dunk 5
Duffy 5
Bong 6
Knockaert 6
Propper 7
Stephens 9
Izquierdo 7
Gross 7
Murray 7

March 6
Brown 6
Schelotto 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ryan 7
Bruno 6
Dunk 6
Duffy 6
Bong 8
Knockaert 5
Stephens 6
Pröpper 6
Izquierdo 7
Groß 7
Murray 7

March 6
Schelotto 6
Brown 6

Appreciate I will get flamed probably for the Stehens/Propper marks but giving the ball away was far too frequent for them last night which kind of takes away the shine from the good work they did, Murray had a decent game after slow start, Izquierdo faded but had a wonderful first half, Knockaert was a total no show but one flick and all is forgotten for some I'm sure, Ryan did nothing wrong and pulled off a super save, defence surprisingly dodgy, Bong aside who yet again had a good game, his positioning is some of the best I have seen in an Albion shirt.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Ryan - 5 has to be more commanding inside his own 6 yard box from FK's and Corners. Didn't cover himself in glory at all in that respect tonight. everything else fine.
Bruno - 6 solid game, nothing fancy
Bong - 6 ok
Dunk - 7 for the majority, played well, but he wont be happy with the first goal i'm sure.
Duffy - 7 ok,
Stephens - 8 played well. hope he continues in that vein.
Propper - 7 got better as the game went on - a few extremely sloppy mishit passes early on but great run for the goal. And a cheeky megs!!
Izquierdo - 8 Looked lively everytime he got the ball imo. Brightons only real outlet the whole game. Not sure why he came off?
Knockhaert - 6 Another very quiet game. time for a change to solly wide right imo.
Gross - 7 another, I felt whoimposed himself more as the game wore on. good to see him score as does wonders for confidence.
Murray - 7 The most mobile i've seen him for weeks. With big defenders in abundance he showed up really well on his own.

Solly - should start now imo
Scheletto - did just fine, especially going forward
Brown - looked decent when he came on.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Ryan - 7 competent a gain, good couple of saves and not at fault with either goal
Bruno - 6.5 OK except for back header for their second... as always its just age catching up
Bong - 7 -competent, did little wrong, linked up well with Izqi, occasionally got caught out going back. For who we are he's doing well.
Duffy - 5 - not in it today
Dunk - 5 - neither..... the art of defending was missing. Dunk was missing. His cross passing was unusually awful.
Stephens - 6.5. Typical Stephens. Some good stuff... some horrendous passes and makes up our solid midfield unit.
Propper - 9 Man of the match. By far his best performance and great work for first goal. He needs the shackles off like last night but won't happen this weekend.
Knocky - Flashes but that's all. beginning to see why he couldn't break into the Leicester team. Needs consistency at this level.
Izqi - 8 - Horribly raw but loads of potential. Deserved his goal but will get found out if keeps cutting in. In time could really be something.
Gross - 7 Huffed and puffed and scored but wasn't as effective as normal.
Muzza - 6.5. If not for the fluffed chance early would be a 7. Did what is asked of him. Not more not less.

Overall this was the first team when i didn't feel we played like Premiership upstarts. We deserved to be on the pitch last night and it was great to see that. The worry is that to play that type of game seems to leave us open at the back so we have to go back to Burnlee-style Saturday for Manure. If it keeps us up I'll be happy but last night made a nice change..... going forward that is.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Ryan 7. Good and fast distribution, some excellent saves. Very good goalkeeper
Bruno 6. We saw last season that his levels drop when the weather gets colder and damp. Same last night. not sure he will last the season
Duffy 6. Played too far apart from Dunk. Less good than usual
Dunk 5. What a weird performance, almost like the Dunk of two years ago - out of position for first goal and odd positioning throughout. Not sure what he was doing going on runs up left wing on occasion.
Bong 7. Best defender last night - reads game better than others, and this sometimes causes him to look isolated
Knockaert 5. Can see why he didn't establish himself in Leicester's PL team. He knows he's been found out by the better defenders in PL
Stephens 9. I thought he was the stand out player in the pitch - broke up Stoke moves, passed the ball quickly, dominant MoM
Propper 8. Seems to take a bit of time to settle in to a game but when he does he is impressive. Seemed to be playing a little further forward last night, and better for it. Very good
Izquierdo 7. Very fast and too tempted to shoot wildly when might be better to pass. does he actually look around for his team-mates?
Gross 8. did what he does - 'here, there, everying f***ing where' and scored.
Murray. 7. Not sure he actually caused them many problems, but he kept them busy and bustled

March 6. Tried to get in to the game but out muscled by Stoke
Brown 6. I thought he was a lot more engaged and physical than in other recent performances. Improved
Schelotto 6. don't know why, but I liked what he did

Stoke: i thought they were close to anti-football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here