Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] What a lovely bunch of people fox hunters are........

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...hows-hunt-saboteur-being-hit-with-riding-crop

I'm actually a bit confused by this. I thought fox hunting was still banned in the UK? I remember Maybot talking about removing the ban before the last election but I don't remember a bill making it through parliament.

Or is this one of those "not killing the fox" hunts or some other such loophole tomfoolery?

Or perhaps a bunch of utterly deplorable posh wankers engaging in an illegal fox hunt?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In defense of the alleged fox hunter, you can't just grab the reins of a horse when someone else is riding it; it's like a passenger grabbing someone's steering wheel! However, the violence dished out in return was unwarranted.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
I'm not going to get into the rights and wrongs of fox hunting here.
It doesn't matter.

Grabbing onto a horses reins when someone is riding said horse is a lunatic, dangerous stupid thing to do.
The rider had every right to protect themselves, and the horse.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fox hunting is a traditional countryside bit of animal torture for second homers who live in town during the week, and the villiage idiots (the help) who follow, and should be banned (er, ....uh...). But throwing youself at a horse is ludicrous. If you did that you'd deserve to be horse whipped.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hunting with dogs is banned, but this was a 'legal' hunt, according to the local news.

Grabbing a horses reins is a dangerous thing to do, and he was lucky the horse didn't rear up and kick him. I do wonder about these animal lovers who want to protect foxes, but harm horses.
When hunting was legal about 30 years ago, I know of a couple of horses in Cowfold that were hamstrung by hunt saboteurs. They has to be destroyed.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
A. They’re drag hunting not fox hunting
B. If he’d grabbed my horse like that I’d have kicked **** out of him too.
C. You really think the Anti’s there looking out for Mr Fox, in my experience animals rights aren’t high on their agenda, much more of a class war with the snobs !

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Tory voting, Brexit supporting horse rider whips man. Who'd have thunk it? Keep the red flag flying NSC.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
"Thought to have a bruise and a bump to the head"

Will he survive? punish:punish:punish:punish:punish:punish:punish:punish:punish:punish:punish:punish:

Surely an occupational hazard?

More to the point why are they still hunting? I thought it was banned?

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
In defense of the alleged fox hunter, you can't just grab the reins of a horse when someone else is riding it; it's like a passenger grabbing someone's steering wheel! However, the violence dished out in return was unwarranted.

Agree 100% with your first point.
If the person that grabbed the reins had let go immediately after being struck the first time and backed away, the violence ( your words ) self defence ( my words ) would have probably stopped.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'm not going to get into the rights and wrongs of fox hunting here.
It doesn't matter.

Grabbing onto a horses reins when someone is riding said horse is a lunatic, dangerous stupid thing to do.
The rider had every right to protect themselves, and the horse.

the guy grabbed the reins to STOP the rider riding into the saboteurs which is a common practise by them. plenty of examples where they have tried this tactic and have hurt people seriously...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The saboteurs were later seen at a local KFC

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
A. They’re drag hunting not fox hunting
B. If he’d grabbed my horse like that I’d have kicked **** out of him too.
C. You really think the Anti’s there looking out for Mr Fox, in my experience animals rights aren’t high on their agenda, much more of a class war with the snobs !

What planet are you on, they go out to hunt foxes i.e. chase them mob handed until the fox is exhausted and when their dogs catch the fox they rip it to pieces , often that is not quick. To prepare the dogs they go in for a practise called 'cubbing' whereby they did fox cubs out and throw them into the dogs in the kennels. This is a barbaric practise which gives pleasure to people REALLY.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Hunting with dogs is banned, but this was a 'legal' hunt, according to the local news.

Grabbing a horses reins is a dangerous thing to do, and he was lucky the horse didn't rear up and kick him. I do wonder about these animal lovers who want to protect foxes, but harm horses.
When hunting was legal about 30 years ago, I know of a couple of horses in Cowfold that were hamstrung by hunt saboteurs. They has to be destroyed.

The problem with legal hunts is that they still train the dogs to kill foxes, often loose control of the dogs anyway and so end up killing foxes. I would hazard a guess that some of the saboteurs take things far to far but from what I have seen the majority are passive, often women who care about foxes and indeed the hounds who are treated like disposable items by the hunt i.e. if they get injured or old they are killed.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Hopefully the police identify the rider, and she gets a conviction for it - Even the hunt haven't tried to justify her actions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here