Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Start Hemed and Solly at United

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
It's not that I think Glenn or Knocky had bad games but I think Hemed will be good at chasing down their defence, lost causes etc and may cause them a bit of a headache. Lets be honest the chances are we aren't going to have a lot of the ball.

I would also like to see Solly get a start maybe in place of Knocky and again save him for Palace. Might be worth shaking it up a bit as we have a load of games coming up?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think Knocky needs some bench time, he's not been at his best. Give Marchy the job for a while and see how it goes. Muzza? Nah leave him out there, pisses the life off out of defenders.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Would not be surprised to see a few changes. Might be the ideal time to give Bruno and Gross a rest too.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I agree about Murray. He’s been excellent recently and needs to be fit for the winnable games. Knockaert, on the other hand, probably needs time out of the team to fear for his place a bit. He’s the only one that hasn’t really stepped up and March, by contrast, has been one of our better players when he’s started this season.

So I agree, but for different motivations.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
It's not that I think Glenn or Knocky had bad games but I think Hemed will be good at chasing down their defence, lost causes etc and may cause them a bit of a headache. Lets be honest the chances are we aren't going to have a lot of the ball.

I would also like to see Solly get a start maybe in place of Knocky and again save him for Palace. Might be worth shaking it up a bit as we have a load of games coming up?

I agree completely , time to start using our squad , and save our best players for the big one next Tuesday

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Also, maybe time to bring in some players who may be unknown quantities to some of the PL teams. They'll know Knocky, Glenn etc well now as they'll have watched this season's matches but bring on someone like Kayal and they'll be struggling to cope with the different qualities/way of playing he brings...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd definitely start March at OT and drop Knocky. We need goal threats from as many outlets as possible, and March provides that, moreso than Knocky at the moment IMO. Also, Mourinho is known for his thorough game planning. It doesn't matter how lowly the opposition is, he researches them properly. To this extent I think he'll know a lot less about March than Knockaert.

And I agree we should rest Murray too. Actually I'd give Hemed and Murray a half each - it's going to be a knackering and thankless task leading our line up there in reality.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We were talking about resting / squad rotation last night, and I agree with the suggestions given.

I'd not want to be telling a player that he's being rested for Manchester United at Old Trafford though...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We were talking about resting / squad rotation last night, and I agree with the suggestions given.

I'd not want to be telling a player that he's being rested for Manchester United at Old Trafford though...
Yep. As a professional, you can imagine those are the games they all want to play in, not the NigeIs up the road. I'm glad I'm not the manager this week, frankly.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I'd definitely start March at OT and drop Knocky. We need goal threats from as many outlets as possible, and March provides that, moreso than Knocky at the moment IMO. Also, Mourinho is known for his thorough game planning. It doesn't matter how lowly the opposition is, he researches them properly. To this extent I think he'll know a lot less about March than Knockaert.

And I agree we should rest Murray too. Actually I'd give Hemed and Murray a half each - it's going to be a knackering and thankless task leading our line up there in reality.

That don't make a lot of sense, Mourinho researches the opposition thoroughly, but won't know much about March? If that's the case he should sack his researchers!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Been saying it for weeks, well the Hemed part of it anyway.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That don't make a lot of sense, Mourinho researches the opposition thoroughly, but won't know much about March? If that's the case he should sack his researchers!!!

I'd say March has been comparatively under the radar compared to Knockaert though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agreed, but I am sure Mourinho will be aware of March though, as I am sure he has a telly and a Sky subscription!

Do you think the egotistical **** would bother watching if he didn’t feature on it? :wink:

I’d start Solly, his defensive contribution in the early games was a revelation. We will need his pace to help Bong out on Saturday imo. He is also more than capable of getting forward too so hope he gets a start.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Is it worth disrupting the rhythm of the team? That's a dangerous game to be playing. One of our biggest strengths is how well the whole team function with each other, breaking that rhythm might mean it takes us a few games to get it back.

That being said, Suttner for Bong is an absolute must.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I was thinking bring in Solly but maybe he will be better Vs palace protecting the fullbacks. In fact don't rotate Solly bring him in and make knock fight back for his place.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here