Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why was izquierdo so unhappy after scoring?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
There was just no celebration from him at all it seemed. A bit odd. Was it because he thought he was about to be substituted? Cheer up son we’ve just equalised

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It made me double check we’d scored! A complete contrast from his celebration at West Ham!

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
I assumed it was a goal celebration of some sort, but it did seem odd. No routine should get in the way of the pure expression of joy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can see why, he knew what was coming.

'DON'T TOUCH MY HAIR' :angry:

Watch it again.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think it was just surprise that he'd scored. It was quite a strange goal and I don't think he expected the ball to come back to him, it was just a reaction.

Or he was going for the Cantona/Zlatan too cool to celebrate thing.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I think it was just surprise that he'd scored. It was quite a strange goal and I don't think he expected the ball to come back to him, it was just a reaction.

Or he was going for the Cantona/Zlatan too cool to celebrate thing.

Maybe yes, or maybe he was gutted he hadn’t scored a worldy and some of the traditional English trait of scoring from 3 years is creeping into his game and he’s unhappy about it,

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
You can see why, he knew what was coming.

'DON'T TOUCH MY HAIR' :angry:

Watch it again.

Risky Hairdo is what I've been calling him; Risky for short. He was excellent and frustrating in equal measure tonight. If he practices his crossing he will be a great buy. I interpret a "celebration" like that as "I can't let loose because I'm overdue to score at home." Penance.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He may have been embarrassed, as important as it was, it was a really sweaty mess of a goal.

Every hole though.

Cracking finish though.. made up for their lucky first as the control of the Stoke player hit his foot & just stopped dead. All scrappy goals tonight I thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here