Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Ashe's Thread.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
If this is to be the official thread can someone correct the title to something immediately recognisable.

larus

3/1 Aussies. Just don’t think we have enough batting.

Nor in the bowling attack sadly.
Anderson - I wonder if their pitches and his age is a bad combination.
Broad - didn’t have a great summer.
Ali - not convinced (and yes, I do know that his stats are quite good now, so maybe I’m wrong on him).
Woakes could do well.
Overton/Ball/Crane - well, I don’t think the Aussies will be quaking in their boots.

And I agree about the batting. Cook/Root/Baristow/Ali need to score regularly.

Only plus is that the Aussies seem in some disarray too.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Is Stokes ruled out 100% for his night club antics?

I figured we might have a chance with him in the team.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Didn't understand the question, but I have a feeling that we may fair better than most people think.
Australia fielding a few unknowns and players that crock easily.
A loss at the GABBA and at the WACA usually happens, but I think we have a fair chance in the other 3 tests, weather permitting......never thought I would say that in summer here.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Didn't understand the question, but I have a feeling that we may fair better than most people think.
Australia fielding a few unknowns and players that crock easily.
A loss at the GABBA and at the WACA usually happens, but I think we have a fair chance in the other 3 tests, weather permitting......never thought I would say that in summer here.

Exactly this. Gabba and Perth we never seem to win there. I'm worried about our batting frailties. Hope they prove me wrong. Come on England.

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
Going saturday go England go Brighton going to be a great day i can feel it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Australia fielding a few unknowns

Don't know about that - there's only one player making his debut. I'd say the problem that Australia have is the exact opposite, too many players who have had several chances and not cut it: Messrs Paine, Marsh (and to a certain extent, Khawaja) have got it all to prove.

I think these are evenly matched: both sides have two top-class batsmen and excellent pace attacks - Australia have the edge as they're faster and Broad/Anderson won't have the helpful conditions they have in England. To counteract that, one of the three Aussies is bound to break down. I reckon Aussies will just shade the series but it certainly won't be a whitewash.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Exactly this. Gabba and Perth we never seem to win there. I'm worried about our batting frailties. Hope they prove me wrong. Come on England.

I'm worried we will try to compensate for our weaker batting line-up by picking an extra batsman and going in a bowler light.

I see Nathan Lyon is trying to stoke things up a bit, saying they will retire a few more of our cricketers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42056362

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just the one?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here