Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Black "3rd Kit"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The point for me was that the XL had totally sold out very early last year, so to be able to get the new flavour of the black top ( with PL badges ) was most welcome.

As for the team, PL rules require a 3rd kit, and I'm sure it will be used sometime even if only once.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Away to Shrewsbury (or Torquay) in the 3rd round of the FA Cup?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Away to Shrewsbury (or Torquay) in the 3rd round of the FA Cup?
At Torquay we can (and should) wear the stripes, surely.

Perhaps now we're in the PL, we should learn not to use away strips so much. Other teams in the PL aren't obsessed with them - on Saturday in MOTD 5 out of the 8 away clubs were playing in their proper strips; Leicester vs. Man. City even got away with both wearing blue shirts ffs, scandalous! The other three away tams were in change strips because of genuine colour clashes.

Yoda

English & European
What you'll find in the Premier League, is if there is even a hint of anything clashing (part of the sleeves, shorts or socks) then the club will wear an entire alternate kit first, then just alternate shorts/socks etc.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
What you'll find in the Premier League, is if there is even a hint of anything clashing (part of the sleeves, shorts or socks) then the club will wear an entire alternate kit first, then just alternate shorts/socks etc.

Well.... you say that but what about Southampton then? I for one was surprised when they turned up in their home kit when they cam to the amex as the white in their kit is a bit of a clash. Also just looked, they don't have a third kit.

Looked at Stoke's kits every one of there 3 kits are a clash in some way for the Brighton home kit.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Or, the club want to push sales of the new 2nd kit, so will use this over the old 2nd kit at every opportunity.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well.... you say that but what about Southampton then? I for one was surprised when they turned up in their home kit when they cam to the amex as the white in their kit is a bit of a clash. Also just looked, they don't have a third kit.

Looked at Stoke's kits every one of there 3 kits are a clash in some way for the Brighton home kit.

To be fair (or to apply a bit of common sense, which admittedly doesn't always apply) blue and white stripes are pretty easily distinguished from a red and white shirt. As I pointed out earlier, on Saturday it looked as if most PL teams were proud of their first kits and used them whenever possible where there wasn't a genuine clash.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
To be fair (or to apply a bit of common sense, which admittedly doesn't always apply) blue and white stripes are pretty easily distinguished from a red and white shirt. As I pointed out earlier, on Saturday it looked as if most PL teams were proud of their first kits and used them whenever possible where there wasn't a genuine clash.

I agree, all teams should wear the home kit as much as possible. They away yellow one is growing on me though, the two wins in it have helped!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Spurs away could be a possibility?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here