Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Falmer Auction Parking

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Thought this was another Barber Idea of making money by auctioning off car parking spaces for each game.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I spoke to someone at 10:30 this morning and was told that the proprietor was having a meeting with his solicitor. They said to call back at lunchtime, which I've done, but no one is picking up! The situation is becoming farcical!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What's the issue?

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
What's the issue?

That's just it, they're not really communicating what the problem is! They initially came up with some nonsense about the unauthorised use of the club's logo. I suspect it's planning related. As a chartered town planner I've offered my services, but no one replies to any emails and when someone does pick up the phone they know nothing about the matter!

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I've just received the following email

After a lengthy meeting today we have still not fully resolved the issue of Matchday Parking and therefore regret to inform you that parking for the Stoke game tonight will not be possible. If you wish to be refunded please advise us by email and we will process your details. Alternatively if you would rather continue to wait for the matter to be concluded we will hold your ticket open and refund you for matchdays that you have missed.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I've just received the following email

After a lengthy meeting today we have still not fully resolved the issue of Matchday Parking and therefore regret to inform you that parking for the Stoke game tonight will not be possible. If you wish to be refunded please advise us by email and we will process your details. Alternatively if you would rather continue to wait for the matter to be concluded we will hold your ticket open and refund you for matchdays that you have missed.

Who owns this now? Was Mike Holland wasn't it? Or is that the farm?

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Thanks for the update. Bloody annoying.

I don't think Mike Holland owned that part just the barns and building on he left before the auctions rooms. Used to park there but that's now all locked up.

Our girl

Oct 13, 2017
I've been dealing with Keith Miles, but I don't know if he owns the land.
Brighton and Hove City Council own the land. The farmer Eric Huxham rents the barns and the land off the Council. Falmer Auctions sublet their barn and part of the car park off Eric Huxham. The name Eric Huxham may be familiar to you as he was once chairman of Falmer Parish Council and an anti Amex campaigner. Although he was an anti Falmer campaigner he is certainly not averse to making money out of the car park with Keith Miles so Huxham is not the problem. As I have stated from the start it is a planning issue. You should take anything Keith Miles says with a pinch of salt. Any lengthy meetings with solicitors are most probably entirely in his head. He has already been less than honest by using the club logo issue as an excuse.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2006/jan/18/communities.comment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here