Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we win tonight...

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
We will only be 5 points away from a champions league place with nearly a third of the season gone! I keep checking the league table in a little bit of disbelief!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I would prefer to concentrate on the possibility of us winning at this time of day than the possibility of losing.

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
If we get into a winning position will we be singing we are top of the league (Prem League Division II that is) ?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just looking for forward to the game tonight and hoping we win but hope we play good football as its on sky
If Stoke don't score we can ask £40million for Dunk in January. :whistle::facepalm::wrong:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It’s quite ridiculous that given the early stage of the season, and taking into account we’ve not played yet in this round of games, that we are currently as many points behind Burnley in 7th that we are ahead of Swansea in 19th.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What I am enjoying about this season is that EVERY game is vital. The team have given us sufficient confidence to feel that this game represents a good opportunity to get another valuable win. However, with the likes of Shakiri, Choupo-Moting and good old Crouchy there is no way we can take this game lightly at all. A perfect example of a game being both a challenge and an opportunity.

The prospect of reaching 18 points after only 12 games is a tantalising one, and it is this that makes me anxious about the game this evening. Cannot wait! Bring it on.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If we win tonight we'll be 13 points clear of Palace.

San Siro

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
More importantly if we win we will be 9 points off relagation.Persoanally I would be surprised if we get relagated.We have some strong players and seemingly a great team spirit whereas teams like West Ham,Swansea and Palace,whilst they have good players are playing with no heart or belief.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I remind the honorable ladies and gentlemen of NSC about last seasons final table.
There is a 'top 7' of elite clubs with money. It includes Everton who are lower than the predicted position.
So eighth position must be classed as top of the other league.
Last season Southampton were eighth on 46 pts, 16 pts behind Everton and 12 pts above 18th placed Hull
Also worth noting, every club from eighth down last season had a negative GD and right now Brighton are the only club outside the top 7 without a negative GD.
Where will we be on January 2nd after playing 4 of the big 7 plus Palace (a one of and not to form) & Burnley?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
.... we'll be nearly half way to safety.

The ONLY stat that matters, given that we probably won't pick up many points between tonight and January.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd love to think we could win tonight, but Stoke seem to be one of our bogey teams.

This.

Looking at the BBC web site the stats aren't encouraging.

◾Stoke have won eight successive matches against Brighton in all competitions, keeping five clean sheets.
◾The Seagulls have never won this fixture in the top flight (D3, L5). Stoke earned a 2-1 away victory in the most recent top-flight encounter, in February 1983.
◾This will be the first competitive meeting between the sides since February 2011 when Stoke won 3-0 at home in an FA Cup fifth-round tie.

Mind you, we won at Wednesday and QPR last season, and West Ham and Swansea this season so onwards and upwards.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
This.

◾Stoke have won eight successive matches against Brighton in all competitions, keeping five clean sheets.
◾The Seagulls have never won this fixture in the top flight (D3, L5). Stoke earned a 2-1 away victory in the most recent top-flight encounter, in February 1983.
◾This will be the first competitive meeting between the sides since February 2011 when Stoke won 3-0 at home in an FA Cup fifth-round tie.

Mind you, we won at Wednesday and QPR last season, and West Ham and Swansea this season so onwards and upwards.

Yes I remember being at Stoke for the cup, all excited thinking about what might be and then in the space of about 20 minutes we were 3:0 down and effectively out of the cup.

One game, one half, one minute at a time. Hopefully one point, three sublime. UTA.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'd love to think we could win tonight, but Stoke seem to be one of our bogey teams.

This.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Brighton are winless in their last five league and cup games against Swansea, losing four of those matches.
The last time they claimed three points against the Swans was on 5 December 2006, in a 3-2 victory in the third tier.
The Seagulls are winless in nine league games away to Swansea since November 1992 (D3, L6).

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Brighton are winless in their last five league and cup games against Swansea, losing four of those matches.
The last time they claimed three points against the Swans was on 5 December 2006, in a 3-2 victory in the third tier.
The Seagulls are winless in nine league games away to Swansea since November 1992 (D3, L6).

Agreed. That's why I mentioned them (along with the other teams we never do well against). We just need to keep our feet on the ground regarding tonight. Stoke are going through a poor patch but they did win at Watford.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
My first ever Brighton match was a goalless draw against Stoke. A couple of years later I wawatched the same fixture and got the same result. As a result of this childhood not-trauma I have come to think of Stoke City as the Dementors of English football. No good can come of tonight I tell you. No good at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here