Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Sky TV in Europe

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Sorry if this has been done before but I am now spending a lot of time down in that there Europe, Czech Rep. to be precise.

Are there any others on here who have successfully installed Sky or any British TV? I was looking at Sky Europe or Sky Cards (I think it is) through the internet but it sounds very dubious.

As there are plenty of pubs there that show Sky Sports, anyone know how they do it? I will ask next time I am in such an establishment but need to ask my NSC chums first. A dish is possibly the best option I believe. But what to get.

Cheers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont know if it is still done or not or even possible but when we were in Cyprus for 3 months many ex pats there had UK Sky cards and used them on their locally installed sky. I think there are NSC poster who live there could you not pm one of them to ask for on the spot info.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I used a connection via a VPN for years for Sky and BBC iplayer on my iPad but about six months ago both stopped working as they knew I was abroad, even with the VPN. Apologies for hijacking the thread but is anyone else abroad having this problem?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I used a connection via a VPN for years for Sky and BBC iplayer on my iPad but about six months ago both stopped working as they knew I was abroad, even with the VPN. Apologies for hijacking the thread but is anyone else abroad having this problem?

Many of the big streaming services can now check to see if you are using a VPN - if I recall (may be wrong) they find out the IP that the VPN is using and block it

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here