Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Albion fan given banning order.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
... 'banned from going to the Amex Stadium or parts of Brighton City Centre for three years while a match is being played at the stadium or for four hours before and after kick off. He is also banned from going within five miles of any football stadium in England and Wales for four hours before and after kick off of any match for three years.'

No previous convictions .... yes I would say a 'tad harsh'.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
This bit is quite disturbing if you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time .

“He had no previous convictions, but in open court yesterday we did put forward a number of incidents where he was present and where there had been disorder.” :eek:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When arrested at Falmer he was 'carrying crack cocaine' - on the way to the game.

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen, and bang to rights to me......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
and from the 'comments':

Dan November 18, 2017 at 6:20 am Reply

Listen to you fools defending him. Headline should be *crackhead lout finally gets what he deserves*

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A worse punishment would be a CPFC season ticket with mandatory attendance required

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I love the first comment ironically predictive text replaced full with fool! But to blame the Police is bigotry boardering on rank stupidity. Bloody idiot deserves everything he deserved. And aged 49...Sakes, I could possibly build the case for defence if 18 but if you can’t hold a beer and behave when you’re practically 50! Getting nicked for coke too is sweet cumuppence! What a tool, sell played Sussex Police!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
This bit is quite disturbing if you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time .

“He had no previous convictions, but in open court yesterday we did put forward a number of incidents where he was present and where there had been disorder.” :eek:

The bloke sounds a complete plank but agreed, that last sentence certainly is disturbing. To me, that amounts to hearsay.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Clearly known to the police if they identified him that quickly, throwing a pint is a bit pathetic and carrying crack cocaine to the football is pretty ridiculous. I doubt many will miss this bloke's presence.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The bloke sounds a complete plank but agreed, that last sentence certainly is disturbing. To me, that amounts to hearsay.

For it to have been used, meant that his name or identity had been previously noted, but not enough evidence to charge or convict him. Now it seems they did have, and used it.
There are at least two charges here, assault and possession of a class A drug.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

He had no previous convictions, but in open court yesterday we did put forward a number of incidents where he was present and where there had been disorder.:eek:

If people reading this article or about it on here about this part of the case don't find this sort of justice disturbing, or an eye opener to the questionable sort of practices used in regard to Policing and our Courts in this Country, and which demonstrates how the Justice system as it stands is extremely flawed against individuals with little or no way to challenge this non evidence which is used to inflate sentences, then i despair. Why is it even allowed in our Courts?

The individual in this case here shows no convictions, there is no evidence offered to show that the defendant was in any way actually involved in any of that disorder being referred to, but is being judged guilty by the justice system as the coincidence of being in an area is being deemed enough to be able to be used to judge character and behaviour (wrongly imo) to help ensure a harsher sentence, and the general public seem to be accepting this.

it's like saying that you were in Marseilles during the Russian football violence, but not involved in any of the fighting, they can claim that you were present in the area (be it at the opposite end of the stadium from the trouble, or away from the street battles that occurred but by simply being near enough to the troubles in their eyes,) it's unfairly determined that it can be used as evidence in your sentencing even though ts completely unrelated to that incident and it has no bearing on the case or proof that your character is one of violence or disorder, but it appears association (like this example of Marseilles) would be enough to seemingly find someone guilty of a behaviour that they didn't commit in this information presented post verdict but prior to sentencing.

People wrongly trust and accept the Justice system we have and presume everything is moral and based on proper justice for all parties involved and not to try to influence sentences by using flimsy evidence which hasn't been scrutinized or cross examined by the defence or allowed to be challenged and potentially thrown out

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If people reading this article or about it on here about this part of the case don't find this sort of justice disturbing, or an eye opener to the questionable sort of practices used in regard to Policing and our Courts in this Country, and which demonstrates how the Justice system as it stands is extremely flawed against individuals with little or no way to challenge this non evidence which is used to inflate sentences, then i despair. Why is it even allowed in our Courts?

The individual in this case here shows no convictions, there is no evidence offered to show that the defendant was in any way actually involved in any of that disorder being referred to, but is being judged guilty by the justice system as the coincidence of being in an area is being deemed enough to be able to be used to judge character and behaviour (wrongly imo) to help ensure a harsher sentence, and the general public seem to be accepting this.

it's like saying that you were in Marseilles during the Russian football violence, but not involved in any of the fighting, they can claim that you were present in the area (be it at the opposite end of the stadium from the trouble, or away from the street battles that occurred but by simply being near enough to the troubles in their eyes,) it's unfairly determined that it can be used as evidence in your sentencing even though ts completely unrelated to that incident and it has no bearing on the case or proof that your character is one of violence or disorder, but it appears association (like this example of Marseilles) would be enough to seemingly find someone guilty of a behaviour that they didn't commit in this information presented post verdict but prior to sentencing.

People wrongly trust and accept the Justice system we have and presume everything is moral and based on proper justice for all parties involved

No previous convictions doesn't mean he wasn't arrested, just that there wasn't enough evidence to convict him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He threw a pint over someone. If it was deliberate and aggressive, there is no excuse. It's the action of a knob-head. No sympathy from me.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Cocaine and crack cocaine are two different things... No surprise they would use the term crack cocaine to make it sound like he was a junkie...

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He threw a pint over someone. If it was deliberate and aggressive, there is no excuse. It's the action of a knob-head. No sympathy from me.

Agree. What sort of bloke lobs a pint over someone? Sort of thing some slag off TOWIE would be found doing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Reading between the lines, it seems that the OB have had their eyes on him for some time, and he has now kindly provided an opportunity for arrest and charges, and the legal system has opted to confer one of the more harsh sentencing options, having taken a view of the piece as a whole (mitigation versus anything of the opposite - such as repeat apparances in police video footage of supporters gesticulating etc at followers of other teams - i.e., unblemshed record versus attracted like a moth to scenes of conflict). Anyway, stand by for his chums to post here what a tremendously Top Man he is, and how he is Brighton 'threw and threw' :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No previous convictions doesn't mean he wasn't arrested, just that there wasn't enough evidence to convict him.

Indeed. Or it was decided that prosecution wasn't worth the bother. Fifteen years ago when my son was 16 and chatting to some friends late at night in Whitstable, some knob jumped out of a car, walked over to him and headbutted him. Broke his nose. One of the girls knew the yob. There were 3 witnesses. However the CPS/OB (sorry I don't know exactly who decides to press charges) decided to not take the oaf to court, even though the oaf 'was known to the police', on the grounds that 'on balance the likelihood of conviction' did not justify the time effort and costs necessary to bring the oaf to court. Somehow I suspect they would act differently these days. At least, I hope so. As noted there is probably a bit more to this case than meets the eye.

Anyway, all he's got is a temporary banning order. He's not been banged up, or even required to pay for the Southampton supporter's shell suit dry cleaning bill, so I really don't get the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth of the long hand-wringing post somewhere above in this thread, to which [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] has replied :shrug:.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Police have been after him for a while I would have thought. Luzzing a pint over someone is clearly assault but not something the police would normally pursue into court surely? If some idiot threw a pint over me I would be mighty pissed off but I very much doubt I'd bother getting them nicked for it, which makes me think the police wer elooking for a reason to get hold of him?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here