Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nathan Jones

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
He will be probably sacked today if they lose to Leeds. The Stoke chairman will be looking for a reaction from the players after the awful midweek defeat.
He should have stayed at Luton. The grass is not always greener.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
He will be probably sacked today if they lose to Leeds. The Stoke chairman will be looking for a reaction from the players after the awful midweek defeat.
He should have stayed at Luton. The grass is not always greener.

This. He would have been better off building on what he had started. Rather than resurrect the fortunes of another basket case club!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
When lucks down it’s down and stoke played 80mins with ten men yday. Be good to see them relegated and Nathan getting another opportunity elsewhere but soon as I saw result I thought he’s gone. Surprised not announced immediately after their game, he’ll go today I’m sure.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most patient board in the football league, there is no way Stoke should be propping up the league. I haven’t seen them this season or last season. Are they just unlucky and can’t buy a win or are they shit? I’m guessing the former?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Most patient board in the football league, there is no way Stoke should be propping up the league. I haven’t seen them this season or last season. Are they just unlucky and can’t buy a win or are they shit? I’m guessing the former?

Unlucky apparently:

"And good performances are what Stoke City have offered plenty this season, or at least that’s what the underlying numbers suggest. Wyscout’s expected points model has Stoke as the 5th best side in the league, whilst Infogol’s model has Stoke in an expected 3rd place. Even the less advanced metrics show just how well Stoke are doing. 1st for crosses completed, 3rd for touches in the box, 2nd for shots in the penalty area, and 1st for least shots conceded."

https://wizardsofdrivel.com/2019/08...h-nathan-jones/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Lose to Crawley on pens.

Taxi for Jones?

He said his ten changes had backfired and that the players who played had been nowhere good enough but that the full side had been brilliant in the 0-0 draw against Brentford. Doesn't feel any more under pressure after tonight than he already did.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Probably needs putting out of his misery with this one. He'll get a huge pay-off and no doubt after a short break he'll be back at a respectable club somewhere. Maybe in Spain. He's clearly got talent.

Stoke have been a basket case of a club for a while now. Nathan on a hiding to nothing. In hindsight he probably should have waited until the end of last season before leaving Luton.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Probably needs putting out of his misery with this one. He'll get a huge pay-off and no doubt after a short break he'll be back at a respectable club somewhere. Maybe in Spain. He's clearly got talent.

Stoke have been a basket case of a club for a while now. Nathan on a hiding to nothing. In hindsight he probably should have waited until the end of last season before leaving Luton.
Where is this talent? Word from inside Luton is that Mick Harford's recruitment was underestimated, as were all the back room staff. Luton went on to get promoted with ease without him after all.

Apart from that, he managed Albion for two games and now Stoke where he has 3 wins in 28 games and looks absolutely clueless.

He needs to rebuild his reputation at a club of the stature of somewhere like Oxford or Bristol Rovers I think before I'd say he clearly has talent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here