Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nathan Jones

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gone (from Stoke? Won't be) too long....

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
These young managers (and players) are too impatient or greedy a and move on too quickly, need to stay and build on experience before moving to so called bigger clubs

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A very typical football story. Doing fantastic at a smaller club whilst learning his trade, he couldn’t resist the huge pay rise offered by a club with a mega rich owner. But NJ was soon out of his depth, at a club with a squad on the decline.

A decent bloke, at least he’ll get a substantial payout of his contract in full.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Butlands doing his best to get him sacked two keeping mistakes one terrible mistake. Got to feel for Jonesy, but I would hope he can bounce back from it if he does get the boot.

ECNNAt4WsAEu_AI.jpeg

Saw this on their forum, Stoke have conceded the fewest shots in the league. Basically if you're playing them you'll score from every shot! It's happened again today, 2 shots 2 goals.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A very typical football story. Doing fantastic at a smaller club whilst learning his trade, he couldn’t resist the huge pay rise offered by a club with a mega rich owner. But NJ was soon out of his depth, at a club with a squad on the decline.

A decent bloke, at least he’ll get a substantial payout of his contract in full.

Don't think he's out of his depth, just went to a club that, like a few other ex Prem clubs, never looked like they'd get back once relegated.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't think he's out of his depth, just went to a club that, like a few other ex Prem clubs, never looked like they'd get back once relegated.

“out of his depth, at a club with a squad on the decline”.

I meant the same as you. Stoke, with their older squad when he took over, would be an incredibly hard job for most managers, let alone younger managers.

I not knocking NJ. Seems a decent guy, impressive work at his previous jobs.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
“out of his depth, at a club with a squad on the decline”.

I meant the same as you. Stoke, with their older squad when he took over, would be an incredibly hard job for most managers, let alone younger managers.

I not knocking NJ. Seems a decent guy, impressive work at his previous jobs.

They do look crap though...no urgency and little skill it would appear from tonight’s game

Ince’s blushes saved by the flag

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They do look crap though...no urgency and little skill it would appear from tonight’s game

Ince’s blushes saved by the flag

Definitely, the same as Hudd in their completed games, stinking the division out.

Lambert and Rowett also delivered shite that at Stoke .... IMHO from afar it looks like the owners player recruiting was suspect, as well as the squad which became a bit of a Dad’s Army a couple of years back.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
To be fair Stoke just gave it away and Preston caught them out. Stoke look an absolute shambles at the back.

Feel for Jones. But you expect he will go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here