Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 'Welcome to Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club' - What Gives?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody else received this daft email in their inbox today? As if you'd just newly-registered?

Spam? Techie error? Sudden bout of club headmentalness?

And, yes, I HAVE tried turning it off and on again.

'Thank you for registering to receive news and updates from Brighton & Hove Albion, it is great to have you on board! Throughout this email you should find all you need to know to help make following the club a little easier. Thanks again for your support and we hope to see you at the American Express Community Stadium soon.'

What gives? ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ha - I was about to start this thread but then couldn't be arsed, primarily because the email I have received is addressed to my 7-y-o son.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
At least they did it before GDPR kicks in as it will start getting expensive, making mistakes like this.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The worse bit is at the foot of the email. You are receiving this because your email is new to us.
What gives they have been using this email for well over 10 years.

Yoda

English & European
Colleague at work has had one to his work email address, even though he's never signed up to anything (and is really an armchair 'pool fan)

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
maybe they've changed providers for something so everybody is new now :).

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Yeah I got one. I thought they were taking the pee. Maybe it’s the work of whoever replaced Tom Gorringe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here