Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Oscar's moved on again

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I’d forgotten all about him, just looked at the Real game, saw him on the Bernabeu touchline, thought “That face looks familiar” then the penny dropped. His Celta Vigo side 1-0 up.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He may well have the right idea. Get your retaliation in first, given the lifespan of managers/head coaches. Ok he will not be getting hefty pay outs but at least the club hiring will realise there will be no heavy compensation to pay. He did well for us given the quality of the squad he had.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
International break came at the wrong time for our Oscar. Celta Vigo played well the other night. Just couldn't put away their chances.

Good luck to him. A class act.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
International break came at the wrong time for our Oscar. Celta Vigo played well the other night. Just couldn't put away their chances.

Didnt watch them the other night but seen them a few times this season and they've looked ok and had some really tough fixtures (Sociedad, Atletico, Barcelona, plus away games against Osasuna and Levante). Hardly his fault that Aspas and Nolito are getting a bit old and cant carry their generally poor squad.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Where have I heard tha before . . . . .

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Where have I heard tha before . . . . .

...good luck to Mr G Potter and to his next job. He's a lovely bloke. Does an awful lot for charity. Welcome Nigel Adkins. Fresh from his daily countryside walk. All is forgiven Nige! A clean slate. You still got Rickie Lambert's number?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

Did you read this bit about the owner at the bottom? ???

I know it’s wrong but lol.

In June 2015, Marinakis was banned from all football activity after being bailed for £174,000 over five charges.

They were: establishing and directing a criminal organisation, fraud, attempted extortion, bribery with the aim of fixing matches and instigating an explosion endangering human life.

The explosion in question came at the bakery owned by a referee who had been told what the result of an upcoming match should be.

Nobody was injured but the referee, Petros Konstantineas, had his business destroyed.

Marinakis was accused of being leader of a match-fixing ring known as 'The System' dating back to 2011.

Last month 58 people were sentenced to jail terms ranging from 30 months to 10 years for their involvement but Marinakis was not among them.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Ok..... what does the above post/ tweet say? Since I don’t speak foreign.....

It says "English is 'foreign' to Oscar"

Oh and something about 'Thanks to the whole @stadedereims family for the great reception. We have a fascinating challenge ahead of us. Eager for the ball to start rolling'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here