Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moyes wants Dunk

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Of course he does. Who wouldn't? But he can just sod right off.

Anyway, it's only the Mirror.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-ham-target-brightons-lewis-11521453

West Ham boss David Moyes wants to make Brighton star Lewis Dunk his first Hammers buy.

Centre-back Dunk has impressed during the promoted Seagulls’ solid start to life in the Premier League and Moyes believes he would improve the brittle backline he has inherited from the sacked Slaven Bilic.

The third-bottom Hammers have conceded a Premier League worst 23 goals after 11 games, keeping only three clean-sheets in those matches.

However, Albion would demand a huge fee to sell the 25-year-old, who only signed a new five-year contract in August.

Brighton-born, 6ft 4in Dunk has played 180 league games for his hometown club in League One, the Championship and now the top flight since his debut seven years ago.

His partnership with Republic of Ireland ace Shane Duffy has led to calls for him to be named in the England squad.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I believe Dunk could go on to play for a much bigger and better team than West Ham. If the report is true, it would be a bad move for him. If he stays longer with us maintaining his consistency and quality performances, then eventually it'll be teams like Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool who would be putting in offers.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Give Dunk a pay rise if we stay up, tell Moyes to poke it.

This is probably made up bullshit anyway, the window is approaching so we need to be prepared for the newspapers filling column inches with Dunk transfer stories.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
As we saw with Stockdale, footballers will go where the money is. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wearing blue & white striped glasses.

£25 million and £100k a week on a 5 year contract will probably see Dunk in a West Ham shirt. I COULD see WH splashing that sort of cash.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As we saw with Stockdale, footballers will go where the money is. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wearing blue & white striped glasses.

£25 million and £100k a week on a 5 year contract will probably see Dunk in a West Ham shirt. I COULD see WH splashing that sort of cash.

If he has any sense (or a decent agent) he will realise that he is at the beginning of a trajectory that should see him earning and testing himself at a higher level at more at a bigger club in the near future. To me, the question is not about rose tinted spectacles it is about the foresight of Dunk and his agent.

or possibly about the vision that Moyes, Brady and the Spank Brothers can sell.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
They would have to make a huge offer, especially as Dunk continues to sign his annually improved long term contract with us

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Hack: your defence is terrible.
Moyes: yes, we need to strengthen
Hack: someone like Dunk would be realistic buy
Moyes: yes, a centre back would help with competition
Headline: Moyes wants Dunk

Brace yourselves for a lot of this.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Don't want him sold,but imo he will if money is right,my money's on the gooners

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We can pay as much as West Ham now.

Look elsewhere Moyes.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
David, you're work for West Ham on a 6 month contract, you're not working for Barcelona. Sod off..

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd drive him there for...

...a million dollars.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
David, you're work for West Ham on a 6 month contract, you're not working for Barcelona. Sod off..
Exactly my thought. Plus Moyes has already stated that he is not sure if he'll have any money to spend in January. He'd need to think £40m+ for Uncle Tone to even pick up the phone and politely tell Hammers we aren't selling our best players in January!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

If Nathan Ake is worth £20 million then I would want a lot more than £25 million for Dunk.

Anyway, for me Dunk and Duffy are so crucial to our side that they are priceless at the moment. And If he was to eventually go, I would hope it would be to a much bigger/better club than West Ham.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here