Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Robbie Savage is right about kids football

5 Not allowed!
    606 on 5 Live devoted their Saturday show to a phone in about grassroots football and the millions of volunteers that keep kids football going.
    There were some great points and calls about referreeing, parents, funding, facilities and the FA.
    Robbie , who might not necessarily be everyone's favourite on here , showed considerably more enthusiasm than in his (brief) days at the Withdean as the host and he's now surprisingly the manager of his son's u12s team.
    He talked a lot of sense about equal game time, the importance of volunteers and how he'd like to give parents on the sidelines red cards and how its the best thing he's ever done.

I know there's a bunch of football coaches, and volunteers on here. Its a good listen. here in full via
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09czrfj

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      And as a PS to the above the FA are trialling these new rules in Manchester for kids football. Some sensible stuff here.

Name:  fa rules.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  133.9 KB
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      There's so much wrong with kids football And no one seems to be interested in putting it right
      Must be very hard for the people giving there time to it Without any real help from the FA
      Fear holds you down Hope sets you free!
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      And as a PS to the above the FA are trialling these new rules in Manchester for kids football. Some sensible stuff here.

Name:  fa rules.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  133.9 KB
      Quote Originally Posted by macky View Post
      There's so much wrong with kids football And no one seems to be interested in putting it right
      Must be very hard for the people giving there time to it Without any real help from the FA

I'm sure there are many excellent people within the FA who ARE passionate about putting things right. Jem's post above yours is one very clear example of exactly that.

On the subject of that set of rules - they are mostly good, and a few excellent ideas - not in agreement with the one that bans the coach from issuing instructions though. I understand the theory, but completely disagree that it would work.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      I'm sure there are many excellent people within the FA who ARE passionate about putting things right. Jem's post above yours is one very clear example of exactly that.

On the subject of that set of rules - they are mostly good, and a few excellent ideas - not in agreement with the one that bans the coach from issuing instructions though. I understand the theory, but completely disagree that it would work.
      Fully agree With you on being some trying to sort it out But the FA have taken money from my son for the past 7 or 8 years And I'm not sure what he has got for it ? It has certainly not been value for money imho

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by macky View Post
      Fully agree With you on being some trying to sort it out But the FA have taken money from my son for the past 7 or 8 years And I'm not sure what he has got for it ? It has certainly not been value for money imho
      In what manner have the FA been paid any money for your son to play football!? Genuine question.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      He pays a yearly fee to play like every player Then there's his fines of course
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Look at what's happening in Iceland That's the way our youth football should be going We are miles behind other countries
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Certainly not a fan of the silent sidelines rule, nothing wrong with shouting encouragement imo. My son played rugby rather than football as a nipper, maybe it's different in football.

It smacks of not trusting parents/relatives to stay in control so spoiling the enjoyment of spectators and players alike. Polite clapping really isn't what football and rugger are about imo.
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

0 Not allowed!
      I pay £150 for the season for my youngest, for his Youth football. He's U17 now, but price has been the same for each year.

That money goes to his club, and covers:

20 or so matches - the ref needs paying (£20ish) and the pitch needs paying for (£35ish)
      30 or so evening 90 minute training sessions on 3G pitches, which need paying for.
      15 or so additional training in public park
      Full 'home' kit for matches.
      Full 'away' kit for Training / kit clashes
      Insurance
      Club costs of admin / coaching courses / safeguarding courses
      The club also uses some club funds to pay the £85 fee if any of the kids want to take the basic refereeing course, as a way of giving something back to the local leagues.
      End of season trophies.

So far as I'm aware, apart from the cost of some of the courses club officials go on, nothing at all goes to the FA