Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mark McGhee

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Is the new manager of Barnet FC.

Will he do well there? Hasn't taken Leon Knight long to take to Twitter.....

"Drinking pints of Whisky!" :whisky:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Had to unfollow Knight on twitter, my eyes couldn't keep up with the constant stream of drivel.

Hope McGhee does well there.

You're not missing much. Just a dig at him playing the long ball when McGhee was at Brighton.

Will never forget the play-off final at Cardiff.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Pleased for him, hope he does well.

Will always have a lot of time for McGhee. I loved those seasons under him when we went up and then against all the odds stayed up. Went to all home games and most away and it was possibly my most enjoyable time as a fan.

Funnily enough I listened to the Roar podcast yesterday of the first half of his night with Booker and thoroughly enjoyed it. He is obviously a great character and a very funny man. It was fascinating to hear about all the famous names he's worked under and what he'd taken from them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is a bit of a come down for a man of his experience and ability ast Manager of Scotland to a Div 2 club but could have been worse could have been to Leyton Orient. Wonder who will take over them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
An excellent and under valued manager, If he does well at Barnet no reason why we can't see him manage at a higher level again.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It is a bit of a come down for a man of his experience and ability ast Manager of Scotland to a Div 2 club but could have been worse could have been to Leyton Orient. Wonder who will take over them.

I hear McGhee likes living in Hove and won’t move. A few trips around the M25 every week will do nicely!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Been out of the English game for a bit too long to walk straight back into a managerial job at a higher level l think.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Wish he'd been at the Amex when we played Barnet earlier in the season. He would have got a fantastic reception. Other than Micky Adams first time around I don't think there was a better manager at Withdean. Gus knew he had the new stadium coming and some of Tony Bloom's money but he did a good job with good tools.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wish he'd been at the Amex when we played Barnet earlier in the season. He would have got a fantastic reception. Other than Micky Adams first time around I don't think there was a better manager at Withdean. Gus knew he had the new stadium coming and some of Tony Bloom's money but he did a good job with good tools.

Gus may of known the new stadium was just around the corner, but he still had to get the poor team that he inherited promotion. It only took him a season and a half to do it, which was some doing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Barnet didn't look too shabby at the Amex this season (yup, I attended and didn't "harvest"). Going by that I think he'll have enough there to work with, and will have the experience and knowhow to steer them away from danger. I hope so anyway. That's quite a coup for Barnet to appoint a manager of his stature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here