Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Question for the sages of this fine organ

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I recently found out I have free amazon prime...yes I have no idea why either!

Quick question. Whilst killing off a load of stuff on sky, I lost Eurosport, but I see that amazon prime do it on their subscription service.

You get 7 days free and then it is £5.99 a month.

Does anyone have this and know if it is a subscription that you can just take out on a monthly basis or is there a minimum term like 12 months? I can't see any information on amazon site without taking it out!

Thanks

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Don't know about the Eurosport part but perhaps you have an introductory offer for Prime?

I had prime yonks ago and cancelled it...nothing else taken out my account...then suddenly spotted that " my prime account" appeared in my preferences, I opened it and thought I would test it by ordering something small and I got the prime delivery etc for no extra cost....have used it a few times and just watched a movie too...which worked fine.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When someone mentions I have a fine organ I have to open the thread. Oh, you didn't... the thought was there I'm sure.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade

I had that once - caused by clicking on a very non-obvious 'opt in' page (which is illegal these days by hey...they still do it).

Beware of it suddenly becoming a payable service without warning...charging you £79 after the free 30 days:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...for-unwanted-amazon-prime-heres-how-to-cancel

''To cancel, go to 'Your Account' > under 'Account Settings' select 'Manage Prime Membership' > Click 'Do not continue', which is the second option on the left-hand side of the page.

Once done you'll continue to receive Prime services until your free trial period ends. Then your membership will cancel, and your card won't be charged.''

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Quick question. Whilst killing off a load of stuff on sky, I lost Eurosport, but I see that amazon prime do it on their subscription service.

You get 7 days free and then it is £5.99 a month.

Does anyone have this and know if it is a subscription that you can just take out on a monthly basis or is there a minimum term like 12 months? I can't see any information on amazon site without taking it out!

Thanks

Apparently the benefits include 2 hours free parking at the Virgin Active sports club after every Albion home game :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I had that once - caused by clicking on a very non-obvious 'opt in' page (which is illegal these days by hey...they still do it).

Beware of it suddenly becoming a payable service without warning...charging you £79 after the free 30 days:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...for-unwanted-amazon-prime-heres-how-to-cancel

''To cancel, go to 'Your Account' > under 'Account Settings' select 'Manage Prime Membership' > Click 'Do not continue', which is the second option on the left-hand side of the page.

Once done you'll continue to receive Prime services until your free trial period ends. Then your membership will cancel, and your card won't be charged.''

Just gone in and checked and you are right, it must have reactivated itself. I last had prime about 12 months ago, and cancelled it at the time.

Just checking back and it has been charging me the whole year...I definitely cancelled it though!

Oh crap that is a lesson that I must check the credit card bill!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Apparently the benefits include 2 hours free parking at the Virgin Active sports club after every Albion home game :thumbsup:

Think you need to upgrade to Golden Prime to be blue lighted onto the A27 within 10 minutes of the final whistle

But as for Amazon prime, I reckon I more than cover the £79 a year with the free delivery. Sometime I place an order at 10pm and its delivered the next morning. And that's without the music and tv which is basically free.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Think you need to upgrade to Golden Prime to be blue lighted onto the A27 within 10 minutes of the final whistle

But as for Amazon prime, I reckon I more than cover the £79 a year with the free delivery. Sometime I place an order at 10pm and its delivered the next morning. And that's without the music and tv which is basically free.

Stupidly, my wife has prime...I didn't even realise I was paying for it!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here