Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leicester City's owners 'being sued for £323m'

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The owners of Leicester City Football Club are reportedly being sued for £323m over money owed to the Thai government.

A criminal court in Bangkok accepted the case against King Power International on Monday, according to Reuters news agency.

The case is also being brought against executives of state-owned Airports of Thailand (AOT), Reuters says.

The lawsuit accuses King Power of failing to pay the Thai government 14 billion baht (£323m) from the operation of a duty-free franchise it was awarded in 2006.

At a hearing on Monday, the Central Criminal Court in Bangkok accepted the case and said it would now hear from witnesses in February next year.

The action against King Power, owned by Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and his family, was initially filed in July."

Could be their downfall

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
But is £323m enough to disqualify them per the fit and proper person test?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But is £323m enough to disqualify them per the fit and proper person test?

the amount is irrelevant. if they haven't been convicted of any financial wrong doing, not insolvent or otherwise prohibited from being a director, nor have other interests with a FA club, they pass the test.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lovely stuff. Cheated their way into the top flight, got a free stadium, and helped send us down in the process with a Premier League squad of players in the Championship that they could not afford.

Couldn't happen to a nicer club.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I hope those wan***s get stung for every penny.

Why? What have they done?

Lovely stuff. Cheated their way into the top flight, got a free stadium, and helped send us down in the process with a Premier League squad of players in the Championship that they could not afford.

Couldn't happen to a nicer club.

Leicester City are not being sued :shrug:

The current owners (two 'generations' of owners on from the ones guilty of the crimes you list?) are.

Disgusting club - I really shouldn't have to answer this if you were at the away
match.

Leicester City, or their fans are not being sued though - their owners are.

Which away match? I presume you mean this year (I wasn't) but I've seen us play there twice before, when they've both no worse (perhaps marginally so) than most others :shrug:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

The current owners (two 'generations' of owners on from the ones guilty of the crimes you list?) are.

Which away match? I presume you mean this year (I wasn't) but I've seen us play there twice before, when they've both no worse (perhaps marginally so) than most others :shrug:

Any bad news for Leicester - however tenuous or not it may be is fine with me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Doesn't mean I have to like them as a club. CPFC2010 have had several owners in my time, but their club is still FILTH regardless, and has benefitted hugely from cheating at the expense of others. Much like Leicester.

I hope this causes them massive, massive problems.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Yeah, with you here, kind of don't really get why some people from Brighton hate them quite so much, bit of a nothing really.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here