Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Question about Seagulls TV (Player)

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Has anyone actually received any form of compensation from Seagulls TV for the crap service early in this season. They are a bunch of jokers and this is not my only complaint.

I have been arguing with them for months and my demand is for a meagre 3 month extension to my contract worth less than a tenner.

So far, the best I have achieved, is an acceptance that they let me down together with "I can only apologise".

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yes, I got a two month extension to my contract which was due to end in September, due to the terrible service in pre-season. Have a look at Ask the Club posts, screen shot the answer, and send it to iFollow.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Yes, I got a two month extension to my contract which was due to end in September, due to the terrible service in pre-season. Have a look at Ask the Club posts, screen shot the answer, and send it to iFollow.

Thanks for that - any others have similar?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I got a 2 month extension which expired about 2 weeks ago ... I didn't bother renewing again

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Email Albions head of media for help, as he has contact with the providers.
paul.camillin@bhafc.co.uk

He did help me resolve a few issues I was having with STV :thumbsup:

Did all that and was put in touch with Andreas Nyberg the Albions contact in Seagulls TV with a promise he would sort it.

Here is my last e mail to him

FAO Andreas Nyberg

Can we just do a reality check here.

1. You were in breach of contract on a number of occasions, failing to provide the service for which I paid.
2. I had the expense of phoning yourselves and the Club on a number of occasions to chase things up.
3. I spent perhaps an hour or so of my life explaining things to you
4. All this has been frustrating and disappointing, whilst your people avoided e mails and procrastinated over decisions.

And what is it you offer by means of compensation “I can only apologise”. Do you honestly think that is acceptable?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I gave up on Seagulls TV about 4 years ago. It was generally my only source for live games I couldn't get to when I lived in London. The service out of 10 would have warranted a 0.5. In this day and age of fast link ups it is just totally unacceptable. Not enough bandwidth and servers that don't match up. I know it isn't BHA that provide this and there seems to be a tie up with the EFL/Prem. But they seem to get away with such a poor, poor service, and I can understand the frustration for those outside Sussex.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Email Albions head of media for help, as he has contact with the providers.
paul.camillin@bhafc.co.uk
He did help me resolve a few issues I was having with STV :thumbsup:

I managed to get a refund, but it wasn't easy. Took me a good 6 weeks and many many emails

Yes, same here - got my £45 refunded, with help from Paul Camillin and supporter services. Well done to the club! The providers were just a bunch of shysters though - couldn't get any sense out of them.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Did all that and was put in touch with Andreas Nyberg the Albions contact in Seagulls TV with a promise he would sort it.

Here is my last e mail to him

FAO Andreas Nyberg

Can we just do a reality check here.

1. You were in breach of contract on a number of occasions, failing to provide the service for which I paid.
2. I had the expense of phoning yourselves and the Club on a number of occasions to chase things up.
3. I spent perhaps an hour or so of my life explaining things to you
4. All this has been frustrating and disappointing, whilst your people avoided e mails and procrastinated over decisions.

And what is it you offer by means of compensation “I can only apologise”. Do you honestly think that is acceptable?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?355079-SeagullsTV-refund-(again)

This extra two months expires in two weeks, but I doubt I'll be renewing.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
They offered me something similar , i responded with "so two more months of not getting what i was promised on subscribing ? no thanks " i await a reply , it's quite odd really as i have a palace supporting neighbour and his service is spot on though the highlights are very short and don't seem to show any goals .

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Could a moderator move this to 'Ask The Club' please.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
This from Paul Camillin

"Yes, just finalising with EFL Digital on subscribers' behalf. The likely process will be an email to all subscribers, asking those affected by the issue to reply and they will be provided with an additional two months' free subscription."

Well nobody emailed me as a subscriber and more importantly they have refused any compensation to my personal complaints . What a joke.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
For completeness here is the full latest reply from Andreas. Its obvious he knows nothing of the deal struck with Paul Camillin.

Hi Chris,

I can only apologise on behalf of Seagulls Player that you were left disappointed with the early coverage. In no way was it intended to upset any fans.

I personally hold weekly meetings with EFL Digital who's managing all the clubs contacts on the new platform (Including Brighton and Hove Albion) so rest assure i will pass on your comments/feedback. The meetings we hold is setup to go through any issues that were seen over the past weeks matches as well as discussing any end user feedback to understand what areas of the platform need improvements (new features as well as bug fixes).

With regards to the radio coverage, atm the clubs have the ability to run their own pre/post match commentary which i mentioned before but It's also been raised to integrate local radio coverage however i'm unsure if a decision has been made on this topic as i believe there are some leagal restrictions with broadcasting rights.

The KO today between Swansea City and Brighton and Hove Albion is at 15:00 and I hope that you will be able access and enjoy this match without any technical difficulties.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if i missed to respond to any of your enquiries

Andreas, Seagulls TV Support

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here