Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Govern or Go

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
In a week when sexual harassment has been high on the agenda..... Nothing really to do with sex, we women don't dislike sex when we consent after all. Its the power we as humans we object to.

Boris Johnson gives evidence to a government select committee giving false evidence on a British Women held in Iran. (Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe has lumps on her breast/s. And history of breast cancer.)

Teresa May can't sack her Foreign Secretary even though she is Prime Minister, his boss, because of power.....

Its a mans world and its means nothing without a women or a girl.... to lord power over.... (in the majority of cases) Some men suffer too.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What do you think would happen to Teresa May if she fires Boris?

I think her biggest issue is her silence. Be bold, be a leader, fire the man. And that kid she's just appointed as Defence Secretary, he can do one as well. She should grab her chance and to hell with everyone else. Thatcher, for her failings (and she was before my time) seemed to do what she wanted and wouldn't be told what to do. That was a much earlier time, there's no reason other than due to character weakness preventing Auntie Teresa being firmer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
TM knows that in many peoples eyes Boris will be the next PM so she cannot afford to alienate his supporters for fear of losing their support, which she needs, at the moment . Having said that I think that Pritti Patel will come again. Whether Boris does make it is open to debate and opinions.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
She should fire him, he's an embarrassment to us and the eyes of the world looking in.
Apparently he is going to arrange a meet with the husband of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.
Climb down or what!

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
What do you think would happen to Teresa May if she fires Boris?

I think her biggest issue is her silence. Be bold, be a leader, fire the man. And that kid she's just appointed as Defence Secretary, he can do one as well. She should grab her chance and to hell with everyone else. Thatcher, for her failings (and she was before my time) seemed to do what she wanted and wouldn't be told what to do. That was a much earlier time, there's no reason other than due to character weakness preventing Auntie Teresa being firmer.

Teresa May needs to show she is strong and stable. Sack Boris! Don't Ignore the power, call it out in a statement to the country that it won't be tolerated! Thatcher would have for sure.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Boris needs to go, Gove needs to go, hapless May needs to go.

I suppose for balance, Corbyn needs to go.

Not sure who that leaves standing.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
TM knows that in many peoples eyes Boris will be the next PM so she cannot afford to alienate his supporters for fear of losing their support, which she needs, at the moment . Having said that I think that Pritti Patel will come again. Whether Boris does make it is open to debate and opinions.

Who would want Boris as Prime minister now? He has dug hos own grave surely....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I love Boris. Leave Theresa alone. Someone has to see Brexit through and she is doing a good job in a difficult situation.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
She should fire him, he's an embarrassment to us and the eyes of the world looking in.
Apparently he is going to arrange a meet with the husband of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.
Climb down or what!

Fire him for sure. The voice of any decent voter. Too late for meetings now.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I love Boris. Leave Theresa alone. Someone has to see Brexit through and she is doing a good job in a difficult situation.

I agree let Teresa see Brexit through.... Sack Boris, who would vote for him, he is finished.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Boris needs to go, Gove needs to go, hapless May needs to go.

I suppose for balance, Corbyn needs to go.

Not sure who that leaves standing.

who's the best of a bad bunch?

If Corbyn goes we're still left with a hesitant PM and a troublesome Foreign Sec. Corbyn is harmless all the time there are a few years until the next election - then the ammunition on him will really come out.

Like her or not Maggie would have formed a cabinet on her own rather than appoint anyone who didn't support her.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Teresa May needs to show she is strong and stable. Sack Boris! Don't Ignore the power, call it out in a statement to the country that it won't be tolerated! Thatcher would have for sure.

If she wants to be something other than the lame duck she currently is, she needs to step forward and be someone. This isn't The Apprentice, hiding in the crowd isn't going to benefit her or anyone else. She needs to step forward and be the Prime Minister she wants to be, history will judge her either way. What's she going to lose by sacking Boris? Don't back her? Don't perform? Get out.

Is she strong enough? No. Is it because she's a woman? No. It's because she's not got the strength of character, Thatcher wasn't stopped by being a woman. Clinton didn't lose because she's a woman, she lost because she's shady and unlikable.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
He will still have the support of many MPs,

If MP's feel they can win with Boris they are foolish. The only people who could vote for him now are his family. I have never voted Labour in my life but would today over a weak Prime Minister.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If MP's feel they can win with Boris they are foolish. The only people who could vote for him now are his family. I have never voted Labour in my life but would today over a weak Prime Minister.

.....and have Corbyn as PM?

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Don't you mean the old boys network!

Which is male dominated. I know there are some men who suffer but majority are women who suffer at the hands of power. Men have mothers and daughters, grand daughters, surely the time has come to just call out this power over other humans for what it is.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
who's the best of a bad bunch?

If Corbyn goes we're still left with a hesitant PM and a troublesome Foreign Sec. Corbyn is harmless all the time there are a few years until the next election - then the ammunition on him will really come out.

Like her or not Maggie would have formed a cabinet on her own rather than appoint anyone who didn't support her.

You have hit the nail on the head. There is no democracy when politicians are not worth voting for.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He will still have the support of many MPs,

He won't. Boris will never be PM precisely because he doesn't have the support of many MPs. He's widely loathed by the Tory MPs. He couldn't even muster enough supporters to stand last time and that was before he'd cocked up the foreign secretary gig.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here