Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 'The Triffids' or 'The Go Betweens'?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Go Betweens, by a mile.

Born Sandy Devotional is a great album, but it doesn't stack up against the incredible body of work Grant and Robert did with the GBs.

Though I never saw them in the day, I'm very happy I got to see several of the later, reunion era concerts before Grant's untimely passing.

Plus the GBs once recorded an album in Eastbourne, so the Sussex connection earns them a bonus point.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It's just I listened to 'Raining Pleasure' and 'Save What you can' this morning ... and I doubted myself.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
One of my great regrets is not saying yes to tour managing the last Go Betweens European tour. My friend Annette was the front of house engineer and she always chiding me for not doing it as they had such a good time and played some great shows.
So Go Betweens for me, every time now,

I quit my job because of The Go Betweens. I had a ticket but some business came up. I found myself halfway to Portsmouth to give some mortgage advice that might have earned me £200. Got as far as Lancing.
Stopped the car, phoned in my apologies (accepted) and went home.
Didn't make the gig, had a nervous breakdown instead.
The Go Betweens saved my life.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
This is Premier League v league div 2.

GBs every day of the year, no contest!

Great days following them in the 90s and early 00's, even got to Meet them both at The London Jazz Cafe acoustic show!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here